API Integration Specialist
API Integration Specialist
Job Number: 21-02899
Take a bold step forward in your career! Eclaro is looking for an API Integration Specialist for our client in Batavia, NY.
Eclaro’s client collaborates with third party platforms to serve brokers, employers, and employees across the country. Through cutting edge software, they create and distribute the decision support employees are craving. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The API Integration Specialist is equal parts software development aficionado, data exchange problem solver, and master relationship builder.
- Provides guidance as a technical resource and subject matter expert for client's API solutions.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining technology integrations with clients and partners, the API Integration Specialist is the liaison between client's Product and Client Success Teams.
- Serves as an ongoing technical support contact, providing escalation, research and resolution oversight with appropriate teams when integration issues are reported.
- Integration Lead:
- Become an integral part of a dynamic team of developers in delivering complex data integration solutions utilizing both proprietary technologies and third-party APIs
- Assist the Director of Product in defining the strategy, solution, and evolution of data interchange between systems as new relationships are introduced and product needs evolve
- Design, implement, and test API integrations based on system requirements
- Communicate risks, issues, challenges, and status/progress of the project
- Document requirements, design, architecture, and test scripts
- Process Improvement:
- Identify and suggest process and technology opportunities which will improve the business model, service offering to customers and drive internal efficiencies
- Assess gaps in current partnership performance and determine systematic solutions to drive growth and achieve operational effectiveness; implementing strategic change when needed to achieve business goals
- Provides direction to and communicates with developers on best practices as it pertains to integration standards, security, and performance with internal systems
- Quality Control:
- Supports critical and highly complex partner integration initiatives; driving the development and implementation of an effective, consistent, and repeatable partner development program
- Perform full system and data integrity testing with technology platforms
- Relationship Management:
- Facilitates and advocates issue resolution with technology partners.
- Communicates product and detailed data specifications to clients and partners.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to sales, client success, and product teams regarding data strategies to support client products
- 3+ years of experience working hands-on with a variety of API integrations
- Knowledge of relevant internet protocols (i.e., TCP / IP, HTTP, FTP, etc.).
- Strong understanding of data structures and mapping techniques between disparate systems.
- Knowledge of technical writing principles and practices.
- Solid programming skills in at least one high-level language (PHP a plus), and willingness to explore other languages as needed to advise/troubleshoot with third party platforms.
- Knowledge of API's (REST) and the ability to understand JSON/XML files.
- Experience with SQL and a variety of databases. (mySQL, REDIS, ElasticSearch, .etc)
- Experience working with some public cloud services (e.g., Docker, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Creative, collaborative thinker with an ability to learn new things, assess problems, and identify proactive solutions quickly.
- Self-starter, dependable, reliable, detail oriented, time management sensitive, and comfortable leading change and getting things done.
- Project management experience within an agile environment is a plus (Atlassian based).
- Ability to anticipate project risks and propose solutions.
- Willingness to try new approaches in order to better solve problems
- Possess excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
If interested, you may contact:
Adrian Miranda | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.