Job Number: 19-05412
Job Number: 19-05412
Be part of a company that delivers life-changing healthcare solutions. Eclaro is looking for an Animal Technician for our client in Groton, CT.
Eclaro’s client is among the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, trusted by billions to provide superior, cutting-edge, and inexpensive medicine that improves health and well-being. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide veterinary surgical technical support including, but not limited to: pre, peri and postoperative care, anesthesia and recovery
- Perform anesthesia with and without immediate oversight of investigator or veterinarian
- Basic and advanced anesthesia and analgesia protocols
- Multi-species surgical technical support (e.g. animal handling and restraint, aseptic surgical preparation, pre-, peri-, and post-operative observations, anesthesia, venous catheter placement, administer injections, intubation and assist with research procedures as directed)
- Maintenance of surgical suite in ready capacity
- Develop and maintain surgical packs to match procedures
- Develop surgical and maintenance procedures for the surgical suite
- Maintenance of surgical, and anesthetic equipment
- Set up operating rooms for procedures
- Establishes and maintains accurate, thorough and detailed records of animal surgery and care.
- Organizes and restocks operative and other necessary supplies.
- Orders supplies for surgery, including:
- Develop and maintain system for ordering/reorder limits
- Develop and maintain system for reviewing expiration dates.
- Inspects anesthesia machines (tubing, valves, and oxygen) and ensures calibration is completed annually
- Creates, maintains, and archives Equipment including appropriate documentation for surgical equipment on an annual basis as necessary
- 3- 5 years' experience performing veterinary technical and surgical/anesthesia procedures
- Certification/Licensure: Veterinary Technician
- 2-year degree - AA or AS
- Ability to radiograph as required for surgical or study support
- Ability to provide multimodal anesthesia, multi-species surgical technical support, and quality standard practice in veterinary care
- Ability to interpret and assess anesthesia monitoring parameters (Heart rate, blood pressure, partial oxygen concentration, capnography, electrocardiogram and temperature) and utilize the parameter to effectively and safely maintain the surgical plane of anesthesia
- Specialized nursing duties – phlebotomy, intravenous catheter placement, intubation, radiography, aseptic preparation, aseptic technique, cyctocentesis, urinary catheterization, and basic dental procedures
- Ability to make quick and precise adjustments to anesthetic and related surgical support equipment
- Experience in a research environment experience
- SRA, SRT or SRS certifications
- Certification at the LAT level
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Technician level (ALAT)
- Bachelor's degree in Animal Science or Biology
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Jay Lucas | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary