Job Number: 20-06215
Job Number: 20-06215
Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for an Analytical Chemist for our client in San Diego, CA. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, specializing in digital transformations and collaboration with customers to manage their needs and achieve success. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- This position is for an Analytical Chemist focusing on separation science (LC, GPC etc.) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) using various analytical techniques and state-of-the-art instrumentations in San Diego Analytical Laboratories (SDAL).
- It requires specifically using MS as an unknown identification technique, method development for chromatographic separations, along with being responsible for alternate detectors for analysis, and generally supporting industrial problem solving.
- This position requires working with various R&D Engineers/Chemists, Product Engineers, and Analytical Scientists to develop and implement chemical and materials characterization methods and resolve technical issues using solid chemistry skills and lean problem-solving methodology in support of new printing technologies and products development, including packaging inks, Textile inks, Latex inks, 3D printing powders and agents, LEP materials, Media, and Print Head etc.
- Work in a team environment delivering to new printing technology and product development and quality stabilization efforts
- Reveal characteristic features through sample preparation, method development, and chemical analysis
- Bring state-of-the-art proficiency in using analytical instrumentations, including separation science (LC, GPC etc.), Mass Spectrometry, spectroscopy etc.
- Conduct analytical analysis of specified samples using the appropriate analytical instruments, collect and analyze the data using the scientific data analysis method, well document the results and work with partners to resolve the technical challenges and issues
- Communicate effectively with management, coworkers, partners, and suppliers
- Summarize complex analytical data and results by highlighting impact and suggested action
- Provide a two-way point of contact with partner programs to ensure alignment on status and next steps. Consistently use good judgement to prioritize work and match analytical investment to business need
- Ensure that all work carried out conforms with environmental, health and safety requirements
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Analytical Chemistry or Chemistry
- Minimum 3 years working experience preferable in an Industrial or Research analytical Lab
- Demonstrated ability of strong analytical technical skills and fundamental understanding of organic chemistry, polymer science, and analytical chemistry
- Strong hands on experience in analytical instruments in LC-MS (including LC-QQQ, LC-Orbitrap, LC-ELSD) and GPC, demonstrated use of in mass spectrometry and unknown identification
- Strong analytical, experimental, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to achieve desired results from general objectives
- Ability to creatively solve problems in a fast-paced product development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to document summary reports and presentations
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.