AIX/Linux Systems Administrator
AIX/Linux Systems Administrator
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for an AIX/Linux Systems Administrator for our client in Charlotte, NC.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Leads and/or participates in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities
- Responsible for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities
- Establishes input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system
- Viewed as a technology subject matter expert; able to provide and communicate complex technology solutions across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors
- Will have responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will direct activities of teams related to special initiatives or operations and may have direct reports
- Leads the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Senior level experience Primarily with IBM AIX OS
- Experience with Redhat Linux OS is a plus
- Experience in supporting and administration of SLES11+ running HANA DB is a huge plus
- Ability to recommend, design, develop, and implement software and hardware solutions
- Provide Operating System technical and break/fix level support
- Shell scripting and automation skills
- Expertise in AIX V6.1 and V7.1, NIM, VIOS, AIX Virtualization, PowerHA Clustering
- Expertise at configuration and administration of various AIX virtualization technologies SEA, NPIV, Vscsi, vswitches, Link Aggregation etc.
- Installation and configuration of VIOS and client configurations
- Familiarity with pSeries AIX server models, HMC Consoles
- Responsible for AIX, VIO, microcode, and firmware upgrades
- Experience in RedHat Linux administration on RHEL6, RHEL7, RedHat Clustering, VMware, ESX
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot network, performance and software issues
- Knowledge of SAN based disk solutions and their configurations
- Familiarity with tools like BladeLogic, DNT, ESM, vsphere client is a huge plus
- Ability to work independently but also must be strong in team partnership
- Work a flexible schedule, with 24 hour oncall rotation and weekend work expected
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Exposure to SAP product suite is a plus
- 10+ years of systems engineering experience
Interested in applying? Contact Adrian Miranda at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.