ADS Manager/Lead Engineer
|Reference # :||17-00160||Title :||ADS Manager/Lead Engineer|
|Location :||Texas, TX|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||01/08/2017|
|Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a ADS Manager/Lead Engineer for one of our financial services clients.|
Make the client network fast, reliable and agile for millions of our customers. The Network Integration team combines network engineering and systems development to build and operate one of the worlds largest enterprise networks. We need creative engineers and technologists to help us build and manage our application delivery services infrastructure. Our ideal candidate should have a vision on how to compose traditional and non-traditional approaches to solving problems and achieve our goals.
In addition to our transformational mission, the Network Integration team routinely works on functions related to: capacity management, technology lifecycle, deployment, regression testing and configuration management. We collaborate with our Engineering teams to control the release of new services and partner with our NOC teams to solve issues impacting the banks users and services.
• Manage end-to-end lifecycle and delivery of Application Delivery infrastructure
• Create designs based on industry best practices, engineering standards and security principles
• Ensure security controls are implemented and operating effectively as part of solutions delivery
• Articulate and defend security positions
• Manage and report status of identified risks
• Lifecycle management code upgrades, vulnerability patching and EOL replacement programs
• Engineer service request fulfillment processes
• Create detailed implementation plans and runbooks for downstream execution teams
• Provide technical leadership as well as direction for level 3 escalations and event management
• Manage a wide variety of technology infrastructure and business aligned projects
• Collaborate with engineering and operations teams from service design through operations transition process for new services
• Perform design validation and QA testing of new services to ensure successful production deployment
• Manage the capacity and availability of the security infrastructure
• Manage System of Record (SOR) for all network assets
• Manage and optimize infrastructure costs (e.g. spend reporting, develop cost savings, etc.)
• Manage network configuration management systems for all network assets
• Liaise with Information Security partners to enforce compliance with all bank standards
• Member of network change advisory board to review and approve all production deployments
• Review of all capacity metrics to ensure availability of all services
• May have direct accountability for leading a team
Core Technologies in Scope:
• Application Delivery Controller (Client) - F5 BIG-IP Local Traffic Manager (LTM)
• F5 BIG-IP Global Traffic Manager (GTM)
• Authoritative External DNS:
o F5 BIG-IP GTM [Static & Dynamic Zones]
o Akamai eDNS Cloud 2nd Name Servers [Static Zones]
o Domain Registrar
o DNS SEC
o DNS ANYCAST
o IPAM DNS Organizations and Administration of zone data.
Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of the Systems Engineering section. Supports multiple systems through maintenance, modification, problem resolution, etc. to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations. Manages multiple applications/development projects, or single major complex initiatives if a small area of the development function. Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision-making. Manages budget, monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. Provides input on policy issues. Typically 7-10 years of experience in managing and directing multi-project development teams
• Subject matter expertise load balancer, DNS, SSL off loader
• Functional understanding of F5s API iControl and application integration.
• Knowledge of F5 iRules (F5s TCL scripting language)
• Must have expertise in application switching and traffic management, deep knowledge of application requirements (such as persistence), understand SSL offload and implementation of SSL certificate and Key, and web acceleration and TCP optimization.
• Use of F5 DOS and DDOS features and mitigation methods including use of network Packet filters and iRules is desirable.
• Functional knowledge of F5 advanced feature modules including Web Accelerator, Application Security Module, and Application Policy Module.
• Knowledgeable of F5 system logging event types and logging levels
• In depth knowledge of SSL cryptographic protocol in securing communications over the Internet and the ability to leverage F5 BIG-IP Application Delivery Controllers in performing SSL offload (client decryption) and server encryption solutions.
• Understanding of SSL Certificate Private Key Infrastructure (PKI) in the SSL Certificate and KEY management and rollover process is beneficial.
• Expertise in planning, designing, and implementing enterprise-level network security technologies.
• Expert understanding of network protocols.
• Hands on security troubleshooting, network-based forensics, and proficient with packet analysis tools like Wireshark, Opnet, etc
• Experience with root cause analysis, risk mitigation, security assessments, analysis of security threats, trends and architecture preferred.
• Programming/scripting experience (Perl, Python or Golang)
• Knowledgeable on network management and monitoring tools (Client NNMi, Syslog, Splunk, Entuity, Tivoli ITM, HPNA, Cisco CMCS, Netscout)
• Excellent written and verbal communication. Ability to present at an executive level.
• Experience managing large, globally dispersed teams of engineers
• 7-10+ years network engineering and/or technology management experience
• B.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent experience (Masters degree preferred)
• Proven ability to manage short and long term engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
• Ability to interact with clients at all level, from the C-Level to IT individual contributor
• Firm understanding of IT Service Management processes, ITIL Certification preferred