Accounts Receivable Specialist - Accountant - III Accountant - III
Accounts Receivable Specialist - Accountant – III
Job Number: 21-14874
Job Number: 21-14874
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an Accounts Receivable Specialist - Accountant – III for our client in Jersey City, NJ.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- The Senior Associate Investment Accounting & Analysis is responsible for leadership and management within the Investment Accounting area, including our co-sourcing team.
- Performs a variety of duties including GAAP/Stat reporting for the Investments of client on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, as well as other than temporary impairment reporting, monthly pricing, and implementing investment accounting policy.
- In this capacity, the role insures that all relevant reporting is accurate and compliant with internal and external accounting policies and standards/regulations.
- The role also provides financial analysis that explains and supports the reported results.
- Work with Asset managers to determine and record Other Than Temporary Impairments on Fixed Maturities and Equities.
- Insure all results are properly recorded and reported on a timely basis. This includes Senior Management Reporting, Investment Committee reporting, Statutory and GAAP financial statement reporting, and GAAP/Stat notes/disclosures.
- Manage and review the pricing function to insure all fixed income and equity securities are appropriately priced.
- This includes working with client Investors, Securities Operations, and pricing vendors to understand and document pricing methodologies.
- Complete/review GAAP and Stat notes and disclosures for fixed income and equity securities. This includes working with the Accounting Policy team to insure new pronouncements are properly documented.
- Interact with Internal Audit and PWC to insure compliance to investment accounting policies.
- Review GAAP market value entries and coordinate with shared services on all variance analysis.
- Review and reconcile GAAP and Stat trial balances.
- Insure SOX compliance, including developing and testing controls and procedures.
- Coordinate and review the impact of system upgrades (SAP / CAMRA). Seek ways to continuously improve processes through innovation and process change.
- Implement and maintain Investment Accounting Policy in accordance with GAAP and Statutory standards/regulations.
- Involved in decisions and communication regarding new accounting pronouncements and implementation impact on both General Ledger and Investment Accounting Systems.
- Opportunity to interact with senior management and work on special projects.
- CPA (P) or MBA (P) SAP knowledge (P)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Cedric Ceballo | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.