Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an Accountant for our client's Mortgage Loan and Real Estate Group in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Cash Management/Treasury Support:
- Perform cash management operational functions, accounting and administrative support for the Mortgage Loan and Real Estate Group
- Process disbursement (wire and check) requests and update all internal accounting/tracking records/systems
- Oversee and process cash receipts into accounting systems and confirm activity completeness
- Verify that all requests have documentation that follows procedures/controls (i.e. delegation of authority, etc)
- Prepare journal entries based on investment activity (as needed for team members review)
- Help administer investment servicing functions (i.e. escrow analysis review, audit confirmations, etc).
- Help team members gather and prepare various reporting including information provided to outside rating agencies, other departments and management
- Assist with special projects/research work/ad-hoc reporting and balance sheet reconciliations
- Execute assignments according to company/departments procedures, controls and systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Prepare and/or edit Excel spreadsheets and Word documents
- Photocopy, organize files, scan documents, as needed
- Prepare and log audit requests and obtain confirmation support from other divisions
- Interact with other divisions and departments and external parties to obtain/request/provide information
- Use various systems to update setup information (i.e. investment, reconciliation details, etc)
- Download files from property managers
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is preferred, but will consider other degrees concentrated in business or applicable relative experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work on own workload and support others
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Crystal Report Writer, a plus
- Knowledge of SS&Cs Precision LM and/or Yardi Voyager system, a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Individual must maintain high organizational skills, good communication skills and be a team player
- Ideal candidate is self-starter and has good listening skills
- Candidate must work within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Jerrie Pureno 201-942-3066 firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.