Job Number: 19-04634
Job Number: 19-04634
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an Accountant for our client in San Francisco, CA.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Client is the real estate investment management division of Investments.
- Manages a portfolio in which includes real estate debt, real estate equities and real estate securities.
- The equity portfolio includes assets held in general account, separate accounts, an open-end core fund, closed end value add funds, and co-investments with REIT vehicles.
- Responsible for financial accounting and reporting for the equity real estate portfolio.
- Requires developing an in-depth knowledge of the real estate industry and excellent technical ability.
- Responsible for ensuring the financial integrity and timely reporting of equity real estate, including funds, property, asset, joint venture, debt compliance, GIPs, NCREIF and investor account financials.
- Reporting Structure:
- Reports to Manager and partners with a team
- Coordinates internally with Portfolio and Asset Management and with internal accounting and audit teams
- Financial Reporting:
- Ensures accurate and timely financial information is provided, as necessary, to internal management, external auditors, internal auditors, and external clients
- Reconciliation between custodian banks and accounts, pricing, real estate reporting to the clients, appraisal adjustments and is the point person for their project's audit
- Addresses and responds to specific financial requests made by Real Estate Officers regarding investment performance and property financial statements
- Maintain and enhance accounting procedures and internal control systems
- Ensures timely payments are processed accurately
- Other projects and analysis as requested by senior management
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Experience with property level, fair market value, historical cost GAAP accounting, Statutory Accounting, and tax reporting a plus
- Yardi experience a plus
- Experience with corporate accounting and SOX reporting
- Ability to evaluate, document, and implement best in class policies and procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented and be able to work under the pressure of deadlines
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work in a team environment
- Must be able to effectively interact with all levels of Company personnel, as well as external professionals.
- Willingness to learn and thrive in a team orientated environment
- An advanced degree or CPA designation preferred
- Undergraduate degree, accounting major preferred
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
If interested, you may contact:
Arnie Villanea | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.