Job Number: 19-05614
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for an Account Executive for our client in Bethesda, MD.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest Insurance Brokerage and Consulting Firms in the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
You will support consultants in managing client accounts by researching, analyzing, and evaluating medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs for employers with more than 100 employees. The expectation at this level is that the AE will exercise more independent thinking and be able to complete projects with little guidance from consultants.
- Assist the consulting team in gathering, organizing, entering and analyzing data using Excel spreadsheets to be used for various client projects
- This role also involves an increased focus on analysis of the results and managing portions of projects, including reviewing the work of lower level analysts
- Marketing efforts – gather benchmarking, utilization or rate data from the vendors via a Request for Proposal (RFP); interpret the meaning of the data and summarize the responses from the RFP in Excel or PowerPoint format for presentation to the client
- Cost projections and vendor renewal workups – gather data from the client and vendors to populate Excel spreadsheets used for developing cost projections and evaluation of vendor renewal workups; results are used as part of client renewal and budget meetings
- Tracking claims experience – gather data from client and vendors and check for reasonableness using independent judgment; analyze actual versus expected healthcare costs using an Excel template; results are typically sent to clients on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Plan design consolidation – gather data from the client and current vendors needed for analyzing the impact of a client's consolidation of its healthcare plans; typically involves organizing and summarizing plan design details and costs in Excel for further analysis by the team; responsibilities also include checking data for reasonableness and follow-up with vendors regarding missing or inaccurate data
- Understand vendor/carrier markets, more advanced underwriting and financial skills, Health & Benefit products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources offered by the client by participating in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues
- Managing the quality and timeliness of client deliverables
- Helping to develop budgets and billing reports
- Participating in client calls and meetings as appropriate
- Delegating to and reviewing project work of more junior colleagues
- Assisting with the preparation and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications
- Develop and present benchmarking reports –gather and analyze health benefits data from a national survey administered and published by various sources, input it into a standardized template and compare a client's medical and dental plan information (such as the benefits they offer, rates, contributions) to other companies by industry or geography and present the final report to the client.
- The analyst will have a discussion with a consultant up front to determine what cuts of the data to make
- Experience with large markets and self-funded plans ideal
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and the client policies
- Availability to travel on an as-needed basis
- Three to Five years of industry experience
- Life & Health License
Rita Dennis | LinkedIn
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.