|Reference # :||17-08402||Title :||Storage Specialist|
|Location :||FOSTER CITY, CA|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date / End Date :||10/31/2017 / 10/30/2018|
Eclaro is looking for Storage Specialist for an opportunity for our client in FOSTER CITY, CA
Location : Onsite (Foster City, CA)
Duration: one year
On Call Coverage: NEEDS to be on-call
Weekend Coverage: Weekend coverage is REQUIRED
Travel: Travel is REQUIRED
Work Schedule: FIRST SHIFT
The Global Storage Specialist II is responsible for the support and maintenance of storage, backup and recovery systems within the global enterprise.
Major tasks and responsibilities may include:
• Participate in the development of key storage reference architecture. Ensure available space for systems and applications through ongoing capacity management and planning.
• Participate in the development of service specifications, internal standards, policies and procedures to adapt to evolving technology and business needs.
• Ensure recovery activities fall within agreed upon SLAs.
• Work closely with infrastructure and application teams to execute storage consolidation/modernization, hardware standardization and storage/backup/recovery projects.
• Operational responsibilities include 24x7x365 support, capacity planning, monitoring, patching, system installation and problem resolution across storage, backup and recovery technologies.
• Respond to support requests and incident through USD Service Desk system, respond and resolve issues according to SLA policies
• Create and manage Change Orders for deploying changes in the infrastructure
• On call rotation, per week basis
• At least 5 years of experience with large scale storage and backup infrastructure.
• Experience in a large global company is desired.
• Solid understanding of storage networking fundamentals, concepts, and components, including storage subsystems, protocols, virtualization, switched fabrics and backup/recovery systems
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field and/or a minimum of 5 years of equivalent work experience is desired
• Significant experience in designing, implementing and supporting server virtualization from a storage, backup, cloning and recovery perspective in a highly available/redundant, multi-thousand customer environment.
• Significant experience in architecting, configuring and managing multiple storage technologies such as EMC, Compellent, NetApp, Client, IBM, etc.
• Significant experience in multiple backup and recovery technologies such as CommVault, ArcServe, OSSV, DPM, NetBackup, Enterprise Vault, Backup Exec, etc.
• At least 2-5 years of supporting and managing Brocade or Cisco Storage Networks
• Experience with NetApp, EMC, CommVault, VMware, Windows Server is required.
• Experience with replication, snaps, clones, etc.
• Ability to create scripts (i.e. Perl, python, shell, etc) for automation of storage activities, desired
• Excellent written, verbal, and electronic communication skills. The incumbent must have the ability to accurately obtain, interpret, and transcribe a variety of communications and instructions.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and high-paced IT environment with a strong customer focus
• Ability to manage global complexity, changing priorities and conditions
• Architecture, engineering and construction technology experience preferred. However, relevant business experiences are also ok
If you're interested or of you happen to know someone who can be a good fit for the position, please contact:
ECLARO is a company that delivers talent. We provide fully customizable, comprehensive talent acquisition and management of seasoned professionals through a number of business models, including: Consulting, Professional Hire, Global Integrated DeliveryTM and Managed Services. ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The AnswerTM.
Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees
Job Status: Contract/Temporary