Storage Engineering Consultant
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Storage Engineering Consultant for our client in Lebanon, NJ.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!The Storage Engineering Consultant will lead the Enterprise Storage Engineering team in designing, engineering, documenting, and directing the implementation of new technologies in the storage space for the client Enterprise. Applicant should be a well-established technical leader, and be versed in a wide range of storage and other Enterprise technologies.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify requirements and document specifications.
- Develop engineering designs while working with Architecture, Implementation, and Operations to facilitate project initiation through operation (run).
- Conduct presentations, work with project teams, establish standards, strategies, best practices, including storage implementation documentation standards
- Produce metrics and status reports to present infrastructure performance and work initiative progress to leadership. Assist with reporting 'best practices', availability and service management metrics measuring the success of the team effectiveness
- Provide comprehensive testing plans for all development changes.
- Provide level 3 Engineering Support.
- 8+ years of experience managing and leading teams supporting various Enterprise Storage Solutions and services including EMC VMAX, VNX, VPLEX, NetApp, Brocade SAN Fabric, Symantec NetBackup, Replication
- Provide technical and managerial direction to team and service providers
- Excellent understanding of current storage technology trends across all managed computing platforms (zOS, Unix, Windows, VMWare, Citrix, etc.)
- Experience with disaster recovery techniques including replication
- Technical expertise across various disciplines to resolve complex infrastructure integration issues/problems and interface with multiple vendors to coordinate resolution to both hardware and software problems
- Full project/product life cycle management experience
- Ability to handle large, complex projects and support P1 incidents
- Bachelors Degree or seven years of equivalent work experience
- Leadership Active, passionate technical leader who leads by example, maintains technical skills, and can lead complex projects.
- Deep technical understanding of the following technologies:
- VMAX - Experience with VMAX 3 and VMAX AFF arrays. Working knowledge of replicated and non replicated provisioning. Performance monitoring and bottleneck detection. Capacity management in a virtualized thin environement.
- VNX - Experience with Virtual Pools and Thin Provisioning in a Block Environment. Will be able to utilize various tools to review the health of the fabric and arrays, their workloads, and recommend any adjustments that need to be made to improve performance or stability. Be able to perform storage level capacity management.
- VPLEX - Experience with VPLEX Cluster in a Recoverpoint Replicated environment. Experience with VPLEX in a VNX, Netapp and or VMAX environment.
- Brocade Directors - Experience with SAN Networking and Fibre channel switches. Experience with Zoning, Aliases, Performance, Error Detection and Resoltion.
- NetApp - Knowledge of NetApp product family; Cluster Mode Experience running dual site environment; Disaster Recovery using Workflow Advisor for active-active replication between clusters; NFSv3 NFSv4, CIFS protocol familiarity; Tool sets On Command System Manger, Unified Manager and Performance Manager experience
- Mozy Enterprise Backup - Experience running backup to the Mozy Cloud from remote offices; Familiarity with Disaster Recovery architectures and Mozy 2X Protect. Architecture or design experience would be a plus.
- Netbackup - Familiarity with Netbackup software 7.X. VMWare API configuration or operation experience; Experience with Netbackup 5230 appliances as media server or as Deduplication backup target pool; Data Domain deduplication storage target backup pool using Data Domain OST plug-in. AnyOpsCenter experiencey
- Data Domain - Data Domain architecture and product family knowledge; Oracle RMAN Boost Direct backup experience; Familiarity with Data Domain using any of these features: NFS, CIFS, RMAN boost, OST boost, Resource Lock Compliancy.
- Understanding of storage as a service
- Professional experience architecting /engineering solutions built in a public cloud environment
- Experience with encryption-at-rest and key management solutions
- Understanding of Storage Services within leading cloud providers (AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE)
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Additional technical understanding in the following technologies:
- Thin Provisioning
- SRDFA, Recoverpoint
- Snapview Snapshots and Clones
- Fast Cache
- Fast VP
- Brocade Director Series
- All Flash Array technologies
- Load Dynamix
- EMC Vipr SRM
- VMware Storage Experience
- Scripting/language programming (Perl, Ruby, Python, ksh, REX)
Interested in applying? Contact William Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.