Sr. Desktop Engineer
|Reference # :||17-04983||Title :||Sr. Desktop Engineer|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||7 Years||Start Date / End Date :||06/05/2017 / 02/28/2022|
Sr. Desktop Engineer
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Sr. Desktop Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!Eclaro is looking for a Sr. Desktop Engineer who will architect engineering solutions and provide last resort support to end users, as well as escalation assistance to the Desktop Support team. He/she will have proven experience in all aspects of imaging and application deployment to end user devices managed by the Firm, including configuration, customization, implementation, testing, changes and operational support of the operating systems, and all deployed desktop and mobile applications. He/she will serve as a subject matter expert for all end user device hardware and software. The Senior Desktop Engineer will also develop and maintain images, deploy software on end user devices and provide thorough documentation on all current and newly implemented technologies.
· Engineer packages and deployments of operating system image and end user device software
· Perform product analysis, quality assurance, troubleshooting and support
· Advise Manager of Desktop Engineering about market trends and latest developments in workstation and mobility management
· Coach team members with technical skills
· Function as a resource on projects including new hardware images, Windows and office upgrades and other projects involving updates to software on end user devices
· Coordinate with multiple teams and Firm departments to implement, maintain, support and enhance the end user device experience and work with Infrastructure team to ensure a common user experience between end user devices and Citrix
· Perform system administration and updates as required, including anti-virus updates, operating system and software updates
· Manage and administer business critical systems, such as System Center Configuration Manager, Active Directory, Blackberry Enterprise Server and MobileIron environments
· Coordinate with the Security team to engineer solutions for end user device security
· Research complex technical problems and identify, implement and communicate technical fixes
· Function as technical escalation point for large scale or aging end-user problems
· Review Helpdesk reports to identify systemic end user device issues
· Ability to work overtime, evening and weekend work as well as travel to offices outside of New York is required
· Participate in a collaborative design and solution delivery environment
· Interface with high-demand low availability users
· 5+ years of experience in end user device engineering
· Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related area
· Strong professional and interpersonal skills including: exceptional customer service, creative problem solving, effective written and verbal communications, planned and organized coordination of cross functional teams., acute attention to detail and quality, driven with the ability to self-manage
· Broad systems thinking: understands the connections and relationships across functions and entities for both internal and external constituencies
· Expert troubleshooting skills of complex technical end user device issues in large distributed environment
· Track record of excellent quality assurance and documentation skills
· Experience in packaging and deployment of software on Windows, Mac Computers and mobile devices
· Experience with Microsoft Office, iManage Work / FileSite and Litera Innova.
· Extensive knowledge of Wise software packaging, Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Citrix Remote Access, Anti-Virus and iManage.
· Experience with SQL or scripting languages are a plus
· Knowledge of end user device hardware, Ethernet, IP and networking.
· Firm understanding of Microsoft Group Policies in a client/server environment and exposure to Windows Server
· Experience with MobileIron to manage mobile devices is highly desirable.
· Law Firm experience highly desirable
· Must be flexible to all aspects of service delivery including periodic after-hours support and travel to national offices
· MCSE or MOUS certification is a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.