Senior DB2 z/OS Systems Programmer
Be a part of creating the right solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Senior DB2 z/OS Systems Programmer for our client in Charlotte, NC.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
We are seeking a Senior DB2 z/OS Systems Programmer with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience and Information Technology degree and/or technology certifications (preferred) or substantial equivalent experience. Typically, 7-10 years of IT experience is required for this position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and/or participate in the design, development, and implementation of complex system engineering activities involving cross-functional/DB2 z/OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities
- Assume responsibility for components of highly complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities
- Establish input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility, coordination of subsystems design, and integration of total system
- Viewed as a technology subject matter expert/fully seasoned/proficient technical resource, provide and communicate complex technology solutions/knowledge and capabilities across differing audiences including technical, managerial, business executives, and/or vendors, as team member and individual contributor
- Assume responsibility for multiple, complex projects; will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations
- Lead the resolution process for complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING ARE REQUIRED:
- DB2 for z/OS V10+
- DB2 Data Sharing
- DB2 Performance and Tuning
- DB2 Disaster Recovery
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite of products
SKILLS IN THE FOLLOWING ARE DESIRED:
- DB2 Data Replication including IIDR (Q Replication, CDC and DPropR)
- DB2 Connect Universal Edition and associated distributed connection methods
- BMC Mainview for DB2
- Apptune for DB2 and other BMC tools
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.