Server Administrator - Night Shift
|Reference # :||17-05014||Title :||Server Administrator - Night Shift|
|Location :||NEW YORK, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||4 Years||Start Date / End Date :||05/24/2017 / 04/30/2018|
Server Administrator - NIGHT SHIFT
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for an Server Administrator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
THIS IS A NIGHT SHIFT POSITION, 11:00PM to 7:00AM
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the server administration for all corporate and resource servers located in Corporate server farms and IT supported site server rooms, and as such, be responsible for ensuring the reliability of all servers and related equipment.
• Perform daily maintenance and troubleshooting of servers, verify and ensure tape backups are scheduled and successful on a daily basis.
• The analyst will work as a team member under guidance of the Team Leader and work with other IR groups to determine a need for any server or infrastructure upgrades and will participate in configuring, designing and implementing such upgrades.
• Develop and maintain detailed server statistics with server monitoring tools.
• Implement and track all servers moves, adds and changes at all server sites in their assigned area.
• Responsible for new server technology support involving server provisioning and server virtualization.
• The candidate will also be assigned projects to automate various manual processes through scripting.
Examples of daily tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Server builds and installation of post-OS required software
• Patch servers and execute server checklists
• Assign server permissions and implement print server requirements
• Provide first-level and second level server troubleshooting and response
• Perform vCenter maintenance
• Migrate VM compute and/or storage between clusters
• Install and move servers and storage equipment
• Maintain server and storage equipment and interface with support vendors
Skills & Requirements:
• Seeking highly motivated candidate who demonstrates a strong commitment to customer service and possesses a strong technical understanding and proficiency in VMware and HyperV hypervisors, Cisco UCS and IBM blade server technology, and Windows Server operating system administration.
• The ideal candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, and flexible to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
• This individual must be able to exercise good judgment and render sound business decisions.
• Must possess strong oral and written communication skills. High school diploma required with a minimum of 4 years experience in IT support or Bachelor's degree (preferably in Information Technology) with a minimum of 2 years experience in IT Support.
• The successful candidate must also possess strong technical knowledge of various platforms and systems including but not limited to NetBackup, vMotion, server builds, Powershell, Windows patching, clustering, NTFS/share permissions, FTP, and file copy.
• Must have the ability to lift/transport all required server equipment.
• Must be able to provide off-hour, on-call support for server and storage related issues on a rotating basis that requires travel to various supported server/location sites.
• Must be willing and able to work overtime and be flexible with work hours to respond to emergencies or scheduled work that must be done either prior to or after normal business hours.
• Must have the means and be able to travel to various Company locations.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
In order to be considered, all applicants should have permanent residency and work authorization.
Interested in applying? Contact Ivy Española at (201) 942-3003 or at https://www.linkedin.com/in/ivyespanola and/or send your resume to Ivy.Espanola@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary