Senior Wi-Fi Engineer
Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Wi Fi Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!Our client is seeking for Cisco Certified Senior Wi-Fi Engineer experienced in Cisco WLAN Technologies within an enterprise environment. This individual must work well under pressure and have prior experience implementing, managing and troubleshooting enterprise wireless networks. The ideal candidate will have solid experience working with large enterprise deployments of advanced wireless infrastructure, routers, and switches.
- Perform wireless site surveys and network assessments.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of 802.11a/b/g/n technology with primary focus on Cisco Unified Wireless Network.
- Implementation and troubleshooting of wireless guest access.
- Implementation and troubleshooting Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Implementation and troubleshooting Mobility Services Engine. Experience with CMX features a plus.
- Work closely with Sr. WLAN/Network engineers to review WLAN designs and implementation strategies.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in high-pressure environments.
- Communicate and collaborate in cross-functional team with Security and other related departments.
- Validate the impact of configuration changes on network behavior and performance prior to deployment.
- Perform lab tests on all infrastructure upgrades and work with vendors on code train developments.
- Document and participate in centralized function design, process design, and standard definition work.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or at least 5 years of high-level network Delivery / Implementation experience.
- Expertise and certifications related to wireless technologies such as CCIE/CCNP, CWNE/ CWDP/CCDP preferred.
- Knowledge of wireless engineering tools such as AirMagnet Survey Pro, OmniPeek, Cisco Spectrum Expert, and Fluke Spectrum XT.
- Strong proficiency in Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
- Capable of wireless troubleshooting methodologies and techniques.
- Experience in implementation of wireless 802.11a/b/g/n.
- Experience in secure mobility design, and voice/video over WLAN Delivery / Implementation.
- Understanding QoS and how to design/deploy QoS.
- Knowledge of enterprise based wireless components.
- Strong understanding of enterprise routing/switching.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within and between project teams.
- Strong understanding of general network security.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing (background and drug).
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jeanine Hastings at JHastings@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.