Senior Systems Administrator
|Reference # :||16-10250||Title :||Senior Systems Administrator|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||11/29/2016|
Eclaro is currently recruiting for a Sr. Systems Administrator for one of our financial clients.
The position is in a quant research and trading group. This is an opportunity to join a small team of experienced professionals working with the latest technology and learn the business. The candidate's primary responsibility will be to monitor and maintain the systems and infrastructure. The candidate is expected to enhance and improve the existing processes, contribute to group discussions, and come up with creative ideas on solving problems. The candidate should be familiar with the latest concepts and technologies in system administration and should have in-depth knowledge of the networking and hardware layers. Experience or exposure to distributed systems is a plus.
· Monitor and maintain system infrastructure across various sites.
· Debug and diagnose any hardware or systems issues.
· Streamline and improve deployment processes.
· Ability to profile, measure, and reduce latency on applications.
· Help develop functionality and make additional code changes based on specifications.
· Work toward improving existing applications.
· Take ownership of assigned tasks.
· Handle any after-hours support if necessary.
Skills & Experience Required
· Experience Level: 7-15yrs.
· Redhat Linux, Windows 2008/2012.
· One programming language such as Java, C++ or Python.
· Active Directory and LDAP.
· Scripting in Bash.
· Automated deployment tools like Puppet or Ansible.
· IIS, Tomcat, or Nginx.
· Automated build tools such as Jenkins.
· Redis, RabbitMQ.
· Familiar with distributed technologies like Apache Storm, Celery, Hadoop, or Slurm.
· Bloomberg Bpipe API.
· Familiar with EMC storage arrays and Cisco Firewalls/Routers.