Senior Network Engineer
Work where innovation and creativity are rewarded. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Network Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is an industry-leading IT consulting, solutions, and integration provider, recognized as one of the 50 Most Admired Companies in the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Provide high-level / detailed solutions and technical support for network connectivity for both on premises data centers and interoperability of cloud related connectivity solutions.
- Monitors the networking queue and ensures tickets are assigned and tickets owned are resolved as quickly as possible and within the SLA.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas, WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls (ASA and Checkpoint), and security, internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Performs network maintance, upgrades and refreshes by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Perform interoperability testing with internal and exteral network relavant vendors.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of technical documentation to ensure it is updated and current.
- Configure and troubleshoot network compontent, routers, swtiches,VoIP gateways, Session Border Controllers, and other network equipment.
- Maintains a healthy network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency.
- Work with the business side to understand their objectives and account for them in the system design.
- Work with internal and external 3rd party vendors i.e. software and systems engineering teams to understand and implement technical requirements.
- Configure and manage DHCP, access-lists, and VLANs.
- Configure and manage OSPF and BGP protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot vmware virtualized network componets.
- Participant of a rotating on-call schedule.
- 5 or more years hands-on networking experience
- Must posses storng working knowledge of design & implementation experience for data networking, routing & switching, subnetting and network segmenting with large scale enterprise network.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools
- MPLS configuration experience required.
- Experience supporting enterprise networks for VoIP and SIP messaging.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviors and TCP stack.
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies (OSPF, BGP, PIM, EIGRP)
- Strong Telco circuit knowledge & troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with Senior Network Engineers, Systems software developers and Administrators.
- Experience working with 3rd datacenter party vendors to include IAAS model.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions for Members.
- Strong communicator able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical audience.
- Self motivated with enthusiasm and ability to develop technical skills and take on additional responsibilities in order to add value to departmental and ShoreTel's mission and goals
- VOIP Engineering experience a plus.
- Unix administration experience a plus.
- Experience with NSX Network virtualization is plus.
- Ability to be on call or assure critical incident response 24x7x365
- BS in Technical or Engineering field (or equivalent) required
- Current Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or higher in Routing and Switching and/or Wireless Networking.
- Checkpoint (CCSE)
- CCIE certification a plus
- VMware Certified Professional – Network Virtualization (VCP-NV) a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jeanine Hastings at JHastings@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.