Senior Java Developer
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Java Developer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies and provides long-term care insurance, mutual funds and retirement-plan services across the US. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Senior Java Developer will work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire life cycle of projects to define, design and implement solutions on the integration team. He/She will leverage your integration experience to become a key contributor to our growing MuleSoft practice.
- Provide leadership, technical expertise, and business knowledge to stakeholders and Systems department personnel in the efforts of detailed design, development and/or support activities for the integration development team.
- Drive MuleSoft adoption within application development teams by empowering resources to become self-sufficient with building Mule applications on their own.
- Create scalable and manageable designs and implement enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies, utilizing MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
- Contribute to the New York Life development standard practices of MuleSoft technology by developing reusable product extensions and by writing knowledge articles based on experience.
- Assist in identifying other opportunities in which the MuleSoft platform could provide a solution.
- Directs, plans, manages release schedule, manages change request process, and reports status of development releases within the integration development team.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong analysis and design skills with a focus on system design, flow and performance.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working with the MuleSoft Anytime platform (Equivalent experience with other integration platforms, e.g. TIBCO, WebMethods, Oracle ESB, will be considered as well)
- Experience using other API Management solutions is desirable as well as good understanding of the Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience designing and developing enterprise services using REST based APIs
- 3+ years of experience in software delivery or software development - J2EE preferred (Java, EJB, JMS, JSP, Servlets)
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Experience with Hibernate and Spring 3-5 years
- Experience using the JAVA IDE (Eclipse, Intelli J, Netbeans)
- Experience with J2EE application servers (IBM WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, JBoss)
- Experience with Relational databases (DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase)
- Experience with Unix platforms (e.g., AIX, Solaris, Linux)
- Experience developing in XML-related technologies (e.g., XML, DTD, XML Schema, XSLT, XQuery, XPath)
- Experience developing web services & related technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL)
- Experience in an Agile Scrum Methodology environment a plus
- Jira/Bamboo/GIT Experience a plus
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Eileen Sares at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.