Senior Financial Analyst
|Reference # :||17-07577||Title :||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||08/07/2017|
Senior Financial Analyst
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst - AVP Commodities Product Control for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The US Commodities Team in New York supports the Commodities Business. The commodities business offers a variety of financial and physical products to a range of clients from corporates, and hedge funds to producers and consumers. The products range from vanilla derivatives to structured financing solutions.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be expected to lead and inspire team members, collaborate with the desk and other business partners, impose structure on complex issues and focus on delivering solutions in line with the long term strategic goals of the bank.
1. Daily P&L & Balance Sheet – Reporting & Oversight
• Production and/or review of official daily P&L explain and its provision for VaR backtesting.
• Responsibility for daily management adjustments to P&L
• Daily P&L reporting to local and regional management.
• Oversight of trader estimate to official T+1 P&L variances as business unit level.
• Preparation of daily P&L commentary and substantiation to market events.
• Review of material new deals.
• Review and approval of changes to valuation adjustments & reserves.
• Review of changes to daily balance sheet & substantiation to transactional activity.
2. Core Financial Oversight Functions
• Price verification (daily, weekly, monthly).
• Validation of appropriate application and use of models for books & records.
• Monthly & quarterly revenue commentary.
• Maintaining/updating valuation adjustment & reserve policies.
• Balance sheet analysis (capital, liquidity, exposures etc) including inventory aging and its reporting.
• Determining and implementing appropriate accounting policies & procedures (with Accounting Policy).
• Managing key accounting, legal entity, regulatory and P&L issues with the business.
• Month end close, including Financial Disclosures and calculation and recording of netting entries
• Exercise of control oversight on behalf of the business.
• Participation in the New Product Review and Appropriation Request processes: modeling structures and process scenarios, review, and control.
• Contributing to Governance process, operational error reporting and support of other internal control process, including SOX.
• Provision of financial expertise in the design, build, testing, and implementation of new Technology Platforms and Systems.
3. Planning & Reporting
• Act as key member and advisor to Line of Business Senior Management team, providing decision support analysis and advice on the optimisation of business activities with regards to accounting rules, regulatory issues and legal entity structures.
• Development and analysis of key performance metrics
• Participation in the formulation of business strategy; plans; budgets; and forecasts.
• Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on Line of Business performance.
• Manage the expense approval process for both deal-related and organizational expenses; provide expense analytics and assist the business with recovering deal-related expenses.
• Provide regular updates, analytics and commentary on the GBAM's externally disclosed quarterly performance.
• Must have Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 Years work experience, possibly a combination of public accounting or broker dealer experience
• Must have good working knowledge of accounting concepts.
• Strong Excel: Able to build and use spreadsheets.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Proven relationship management experiences
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Commodities Experience preferred
• Master degree and professional certifications
• Access knowledge desirable
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.