Responsible for coverage verification, investigation, damage assessment, evaluation, negotiation and resolution of claims. Accountable for proper payout and quality of claim files. Handles some or all of the following: No-Fault/PIP, bodily injury, property damage, product liability, and general liability claims.
Essential Job Functions:
- Contact and establish a rapport with customer, injured party or property owner to obtain information. Comply with 24-hour contact requirements.
- Obtain all relevant facts to determine coverage, liability or compensability on claims files.
- Determine and analyze damages through appraisal, inspection and investigation.
- Utilize and manage experts to determine facts, damages and exposure, ensuring that the value of the service is greater than the cost.
- Evaluate information to assess proper resolution of claims to determine appropriate and fair payout.
- Negotiate settlement based upon strategies and plans that ensure appropriate fair settlement of the claims.
- Provide customer satisfaction by establishing a rapport with customers and by resolving issues.
- Comply with Quality Validation, TAACC instructions, Customer Service Manual, Information Security procedures and the Tokio Marine SIU program.
- Determine subrogation and salvage potential of claims.
- Handle No-Fault/PIP claims.
- Utilize inter-company arbitration to resolve claims, as well as, use of mediation, settlement conferences and alternate dispute resolution (ADR).
- Communicate and work with both internal and external customers.
- Handle automobile bodily injury, property damage, product liability and general liability claims.
- Establish and monitor indemnity and expense reserves on claim files.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company. Other Functions:
- Keep updated on important developments in tort and insurance law.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Five years or greater Property/Casualty claims experience required
- Knowledge of specific line of business required ? automobile, liability
- Japanese Language a plus
- Ability to negotiate first and third party claims required.
- Computer knowledge, especially Microsoft Word and Excel, desired.