Handle claims under commercial automobile policies, assigned by the immediate supervisor/manager. Evaluate claims, investigate claims, negotiate settlement, and direct attorneys and independent vendors assigned to those claims.
Essential Job Functions:
- Confirm coverage and policy information.
- Initially establish and maintain proper loss reserve, and negotiate loss settlements.
- Conduct in-house investigation by taking recorded statements, ordering police reports, reviewing repair estimates, securing medical reports, etc. Attend necessary meetings or appearances on assigned claims as directed or approved by Supervisor.
- Maintain control of outside vendors/attorney and their expenses by directing assignments to them, and limiting the scope of assignments so as to maximize cost efficiency while minimizing delays in claim handling. Such vendors/attorneys must not be used unless pre-approved by the manager. Adhere to provisions of Litigation Management Program and cost containment principles.
- Maintain compliance with Fair Claim Practices Act or rules and internal instructions.
- Keep Supervisor advised of significant developments in claims. Prepare required reports and other notices in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with and comply with all applicable provisions of Employee Handbook.
- Answer correspondence and inquiries promptly from brokers/agents, insureds, claimants, attorneys, outside vendors, employees, etc.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.