SCM – Senior Build and Release Engineer
Do you want to work where innovation drives business? Eclaro is looking for a SCM – Senior Build and Release Engineer for our client in Melville, NY.
Eclaro’s client ranks in the Top 5 Companies awarded US patents annually, and is known worldwide as a leader in the technology industry. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Eclaro is looking for a Software Configuration Management (SCM) Build and Release Engineer who will manage all aspects of IT implementation planning for a project or suite of projects developed in several technologies through multiple environments, from development through production. We are looking for an independent self-starter with the ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities and projects, with strong technical understanding of Software Development Life-Cycle. This is a long-term contract opportunity and will require phone and on-site interviews.
- Conduct daily builds and smoke tests of code placed into source control
- Create and/or enhance build scripts to include various technologies (Java/WebSphere Portal/ Database Stored Procedures, etc.)
- Coordinate regression testing and execute with each deployment
- Apply knowledge of SCM concepts in performing and strategizing the branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc., activities within source control system
- Oversee and facilitate the overall coordination of IT deployment planning
- Support the communication of IT implementation project milestones, supporting project teams with direction as needed
- Provide detailed planning, manage issues, risks, and resources of work being done to fulfill implementation requirements
- Identify any issues or risks associated with one or more IT implementation projects, develop and implement mitigation strategies for timely resolution
- Coordinate execution of master IT implementation plans through all aspects of implementation, including “go live” phase
- 10-15+ years of experience working in the USA for large electronics companies with enterprise IT department that support multiple technology stacks, many development teams, and high volume applications
- Experience conducting build and deploys / continuing integration of Java and/or portal based applications
- Familiarity with Source control tools (Dimensions Preferred), Linux shell scripting, Ant, Release Management tools (CA Release Automation, Nolio or similar)
- Strong ability to identify and analyze technical objectives, needs, and scope, dissect complex problems, and suggest process-oriented solutions
- Critical thinking – ability to quickly recognize and decide the most effective course of action that will succeed in a complex, changing environment
- Ability to proactively identify, analyze, and mitigate risk, ensure SLAs are maintained for stability and availability for critical IT systems
- Can ensure contingency plans for projects of high risk
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to communicate with and adapt to a diverse audience
- Ability to communicate and clarify complex features
- Strong listening skills and highest level of professionalism
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
Interested in applying? Contact Anne Amorsolo at Anne@eclaro.com now.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.