Risk and Control Specialist
Help drive change! Eclaro is looking for a Risk and Control Specialist for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading global bank stimulating change and innovation in the industry by offering top-notch financial products and services for a wide-range of clients worldwide.
Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a Risk and Control Specialist for one of our financial services clients.
The Risk and Control Specialist will be responsible for identification, analysis, evaluation, and reporting on (non-financial) risk within the GIRM organization. A minimum of 5 years’ experience is required for the role, and it will be US-based (NY).
In this role, you will work with team members in US, Germany, and UK and will report to functional manager in Germany; day-to-day manager will be in NYC.
- Coordinate and manage GIRM-wide risk related topics (non-financial)
- Drive risk management framework definition
- Coordinate the implementation of Risk Management in all GIRM teams and regions
- Perform project risk assessments
- Perform operational and process risk assessments
- Review mitigating controls and action plans for risks
- Define GIRM Key Control Objectives for the area of responsibility
- Regularly review the GIRM Key Control Objectives for the area of responsibility
- Document and report on any GIRM related risks
- Prepare and hold Risk review meetings with management and Risk stakeholders
- Prepare risk acceptance decision memos
- Be a key player during risk related escalations
- Provide guidance to technical subject matter experts and operational managers within GIRM regarding Risk Management and Risk Framework
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Risk Management/Audit area, preferably in a Banking/Financial organization
- Focus on understanding the organization and its processes
- Ability to perform risk analysis, due diligence, and risk advisory
- Ability to challenge first line risk managers and risk owners, as well as interact with second-line risk managers
- Excellent communication skills necessary to communicate with stakeholders groups and various levels of senior leadership
- Proficiency in English, both spoken and written
- Ability to build key relationships with business sources and stakeholders
- Systematic, precise, and analytical approach, paying very close attention to detail
- Highly motivated attitude and ability to cope well with ambiguity
- Proven track record working as part of a larger team and managing complex IT projects
- Ability to efficiently work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines regularly
- Expertise in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment methodologies and standards (e.g IRAM, Risk IT, COBIT)
- Holds one or more certifications related to Risk Management or Risk Assessments like CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, RMP or ISO27001 Lead Auditor
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.