QA Test Manager - Senior
Be part of the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a QA Test Manager - Senior for our client in San Diego, CA.
Eclaro’s client is a full-service bank providing a wide spectrum of corporate, commercial, retail banking, and wealth management solutions with offices across the United States. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- To devise and execute UAT test strategies, approaches, timelines, plans along with business scenarios and use cases to ensure releases meet user needs and business requirements
- Develop and maintain testing approaches including the design, execution, and documentation of business test scenarios, test cases, BETA (business user) testing logistics, defect management and test coverage analysis
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to enhance the overall effectiveness of user acceptance testing strategies, improve quality, increase client satisfaction and adoption, lessons learned and artifact storage.
- Propose test approaches to end users and stakeholders. Then collaborate to devise solid end-user\BETA test plans to increase engagement and release buy-in
- Collaborates with Quality Engineering team to help ensure solid CIT\SIT testing
- Draws on in-depth mortgage originations experience, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and system expertise to write, execute and maintain detailed test cases aligned with user and business needs
- Reviews and synthesizes business requirements, functional specifications, and user information to understand end user requirements, business process context and end user impact
- Review with appropriate SMEs to validate understanding
- Networks with other teams to ensure thorough input on user needs
- Contributes to all testing activities, including planning, designing, scripting, execution, and reporting.
- Defines formal scope/approach
- Documents and obtains required approvals and ensures all required artifacts are store in the appropriate tools e.g. ALM QC
- Regularly reviews testing processes and recommends new processes and workflows as necessary to improve product quality and efficiency
- Defines and maintain a test bed of end-to-end (from Sales to Boarding to Servicing) business scenarios of critical, popular and\or challenging loan programs
- Conducts walk-throughs and obtains stakeholder approval of detailed scenarios
- Adapt and refine reporting metrics to suit particular UAT effort/audience while being able to pull-out the top line message
- Collaborates closely Quality Engineering team for solidifying test approaches, timing, responsibilities, functional/SIT testing and defines solid hand-offs
- Accountable for ensuring excellent results
- Provides expert direction and motivation to others on the UAT team
- Partners with QE team to devise test cases and review and build test scripts to ensure solid test coverage and quality releases are delivered
- Stages tailored test loans following approved scenarios for business' user testing
- Research and verify issues as required
- Provide appropriate detail to document issue for vendors and internal teams providing context regarding impact and priority
- Review issues reporting progress and process to ensure timely reporting visibility.
- Contributes advanced knowledge in meetings with multiple participants (sometimes high profile)
- Draws on in-depth experience to ensure that collaboration is productive, advances project goals and shares key info with relevant stakeholders.
- Provides real time status updates
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of UAT testing experience, with at least 3 in the mortgage industry and ideally with LPS\BKFS' Empower or LoanSphere, RealEC's Closing Insight, MSP, Wolters' Kluwers documents, Client DU, Compliance Eagle, etc.
- Software development methodology knowledge to understand timing, resource and deliverable constraints
- Experience in ALM\QC defect management system
- SharePoint along with thorough knowledge of Excel and MS Word
- Ability to interact and communicate with stakeholders of varying levels of expertise – from technical vendor developers to actual business users
- Ability to translate system enhancements and defects into business impacts, compliance risk, bank exposure, procedures and process changes and user needs
- Ability to gather and synthesize requirements effectively; document requirements and confirm observations with business owners
- Ability to perform fit/gap analysis based on requirements and functionality delivered
- Ability to create detailed and complex test plans for medium-sized initiatives
- Ability to prioritize job responsibilities
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Ability to develop and manage multiple enterprise-wide project plans, meeting established deliverables and timelines
- Ability to execute based on directions from team member
- Ability to conduct training and system demos
- Ability to create thorough and complex documentation
- Ability to facilitate, conduct meetings, gather information, and present status
- Ability to design business solutions for new processes and new business practices.
- Adaptability and a positive 'can-do' attitude are a must to ensure cultural fit
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Henry Zuniga at Henry@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.