|Reference # :||17-01008||Title :||Proposal Writer|
|Location :||California, CA|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||02/01/2017|
|Eclaro International is currently recruiting for a Proposal Writer for one of our financial services clients.|
Join Digital Insight as part of the Sales Team responsible for responding to RFPs, RFIs and RFQs. Digital Insight creates and delivers solutions that help financial institutions serve their digital banking users, expand the services they can support through digital and physical channels and enable revenue growth for the financial institution.
The proposal writer has the day-to-day strategic and tactical responsibility of supporting the Sales team in the collaboration, preparation, execution and deployment of responses to incoming proposals. This role is the main point of contact for the Sales team for proposal management, reviews requests for information (RFIs), requests for proposals (RFPs) and requests for quotes (RFQs). Develops proposal plans and outlines, develops responsibility matrix and develops milestones and schedules. Enables sales by leveraging resources to document responses based on business and solution offerings, identifying solutions to support customer and prospect business needs. Organizes and guides proposal team to respond to request accurately and on time.
In addition to work on specific proposals, the proposal writer collaborates with team members and corporate stakeholders to maintain accurate resource library with proposal-ready boilerplate content for use in future proposals.
Key areas of responsibility:
• The Proposal Writer is responsible for the completeness and compliance of RFP/RFI/RFQ responses. While some answers are developed based on business decisions made by sales and management, the Proposal Writer is responsible to research and document optimal answers to RFP/RFI questions, and to review final content gathered from team members.
• Manages the proposal development project to ensure the proposal document is complete and reviewed for quality (plan, coordinate and conduct team reviews of proposal content).
• Efforts include writing the proposal responses, and updating and leveraging answers from the proposal library/archive.
• Coordinates internal subject matter experts to answer RFP/RFI questions
• Manages response preparation, prepares and publishes responses on time, leveraging template provided, and in format request
• The Proposal Writer must be able to assess document(s) grammatically, stylistically and technically.
• Ensures accuracy of grammar, style, etc. The documents that come from this role must be very accurate technically which means others can easily read it for content and flow.
• The Proposal Writer owns accuracy of the proposal library and archive and ensures it is managed regularly for accuracy
• The Proposal Manger is responsible for developing and maintaining proposal "boilerplate” material for assigned products or subject areas of responsibility.
• Effectively supports solution and offer updates to assets used in responses.
• Provides thought leadership to sales team as they seek to respond to customer RFI/RFP/RFQs.
• Maintains effective communications with field regarding opportunities to be of service.
• Proactively expands, and applies knowledge in area of expertise, as well as knowledge concerning industry topics, technology trends, and field's needs to compete.
• Understands the major solutions and products available
• Is relentless when tracking information for accuracy and framing to demonstrate ability to support customer and prospect business needs
• 3-5 years relevant financial industry experience required
• 3-5 years previous proposal management experience required
• BA/BS in Communications, Marketing or a related discipline
• Knowledge of financial industry trends
• Strong communication skills
• Flexible working in a fast-paced environment
• Mature meeting facilitation skills
• Self-motivated with high level of organizational skill
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with expert skill with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Collaborative management approach with the ability to communicate effectively at an executive level
• Behavioral strengths in thought leadership, interpersonal skills, analytical and strategic thinking, business management, process focus and cross-functional orientation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to think strategically and execute tactically
• Strong listening skills, and demonstrates proactive approach to learning
• Self-Starter with ability to work in a virtual environment
• Ability to self-manage priorities, and time manage multiple projects of varying level of complexity with minimal direction
• Ability to preemptively identify and mitigate risks that could impact attaining project deliverables
• Change advocate as active contributor to work flow process and tool improvement opportunities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office with expert skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Knowledge of corporate infrastructure and its navigation across the organization