Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Project Manager for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Project Manager will support Electric Ops DRI organization with REV programs and perform full lifecycle project management of complex technical Projects and Programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in support of business goals, and work with management and stakeholders for approvals
- Create and maintain project documentation – charters, PM plans, schedules, status reports, change requests etc.
- Monitor and control execution phase to ensure that projects are completed on time and meets all business and system requirements
- Conduct all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are achieved
- Develop project reporting and documentation required by the PMO which would include detailed project management plans, schedules, status reports, roles, and responsibilities list
- Facilitate development of performance metrics, schedule tracking and adherence to established project baselines
- Communicate effectively with sponsors, stakeholders, and team members
- Report on the status, issues, key activities, and any changes to the charter of the overall project
- Identify and communicate resource conflicts
- Provide presentations on project updates, project cycle, and expected results; build a close working relationship with clients/vendors
- Create and maintain project budgets, including people and material costs to all projects; estimate resources needed and work effort for all project activities and negotiate with systems managers to ensure that the appropriate resources are assigned to achieve project goals
- Record actual time spent on each project and report on variance between forecasted
- Maintain resource capacity plans for actively managed projects
- Conduct project completion reviews, lessons learned, resource, and vendor assessments, and create recommendations reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Manage the transitioning of products and services into an operational management state
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years' experience of hands-on project management experience or equivalent experience in project coordination capacity, e.g. project manager, program manager, project coordinator
- Strong skills and experience with MS Office or similar suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project required
- Strong skills and experience with portfolio management tools such as Primavera is desired
- Working knowledge of the PMBOK is desired
- Experience in one or more of the following within the energy/utility sector is preferred: operations centers, electric, gas, steam, engineering, customer, or construction operations
- Exposure to Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Firm understanding of risk management, particularly in the aspect of Monitoring and Control
- Proven track record of relationship building skills and ability to successfully lead multi-discipline meetings
- Strong project management skills; experience with the project management lifecycle is required
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to lead team activities, perform project management functions, and supervise team members – you will contribute significantly to performance reviews of team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and run meetings and give presentations to all levels of management
- Ability to develop documentation that will be consumed by users of diverse backgrounds and skills
- Possess a clear sense of accountability and ability to exercise independent judgment and render sound business decisions
- Ability to be self-motivated, resourceful, articulate, well-organized, detail-oriented, and flexible
PMP Certification is not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate. Interview will check candidates’ knowledge of NY.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.