Project Manager Finance
Help drive change! Eclaro is looking for a Project Manager Finance for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading global bank stimulating change and innovation in the industry by offering top-notch financial products and services for a wide-range of clients worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
1. Business Case Development:
2. Analysis and Solution Definition:
- Supports the identification and development of business case documentation, including development of both tangible and non-tangible benefits models
- Translates the benefits plan and business case into specific project objectives with the Support of the Project/Program Manager.
3. Technical Recommendation and Testing:
- Facilitates the development of business requirements through discussions, workshops and interviews of business subject matter experts
- Understands the organizations direction, structure, and requirements
- Analyses the organizations industry and competitive position
- Obtains, documents and analyses required information and data against the current organizational standard
- Prepares requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations
- Supports the development of the project initiation document and business blueprint along with the Sponsor and Project Manager.
4. Project Execution:
- Understands and can communicate the technical standards appropriate to the business requirements under investigation and advise on the suitability of proposed solutions
- Understands technical design specifications
- Defines test conditions
- Develops accurate and complete user and business acceptance test plans
- Conducts testing according to plan
- Identifies and documents system deficiencies and recommends solutions
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Takes input from the Project Manager and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback
- Reviews, assesses and advises on project changes especially where they impact agreed requirements, benefits or business cases
- Understands the necessity of the organizations project and analysis standards and applies them consistently
- Develops internal and external meeting objectives and agendas and facilitates them
- On complex projects and programs, the Senior Business Analyst will identify, shape, scope and lead all analysis work streams and take responsibility for coordinating their effective delivery
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project
- Supports and facilitates the quality assurance activities of the project where they relate to business requirements, benefits or business case management
- To utilize best practice tools and techniques, to aid communication and understanding, ensuring project documentation is fit for purpose
- Initiates and facilitates the close-out, project review and post implementation review of the project in conjunction with the Project/Program Manager
- Follows through with commitments and fosters mutual trust with fellow innovators
- Assumes additional responsibility without being asked
- Encourages fellow team members to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Manage, lead and mentor Business Analysts and other team members where required.
- Proactively initiates, develops, and maintains effective working relationships with team members
- Recognizes the strengths and weaknesses of each team member
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
3. Sponsor/Stakeholder Management
- Anticipates business needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at handUnderstands expectations that were set with client and recognizes when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Elementary knowledge of project planning processes and techniquesElementary knowledge of project methodology
- Elementary knowledge of potential sources of risk and their impact on requirements engineering Intermediate understanding of IT enabled business change
- High knowledge of business analysis, requirements engineering and structured analysis (ideally UML)
- High knowledge of business process mapping, re-engineering and organisational context Intermediate knowledge of testing methodologies and end user support structures
- High requirements tracing, auditing and validation
- Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Strong Business Analysis skillset required o Authoring/ Reviewing/ Challenging of Business Requirements Document (BRD) required
- Experience leading complex User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Understanding of IFRS and US GAAP
- Experience working for a global, complex financial institution
- Intermediate stakeholder management skills, ensuring effective relationships are built and maintained to add value to the organization
- Intermediate business case and benefits modeling tools and methods
- Elementary negotiation and conflict management skills
- Elementary level systems modeling and development skills
- Intermediate process modeling and management skills
- Intermediate logical data modeling skills
- High requirements tracing, documentation and validation skills
- High facilitation and requirements development skills
- High level critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Elementary level planning skills
- Proactive, looking ahead for potential problems and taking preventive or mitigating action in advance
- Intermediate ability to detect and resolve problems
- Intermediate level quality assurance skills
- High communication (verbal, written, listening) skills
- Elementary understanding of strategy and business commercials and risks
- 5+ years' experience working in projects as a business analyst or leading a business analyst group
- Personally developed completed the role on 4+ projects and been involved with a further 2-3 projects
- Experience in leading, mentoring and managing other Business Analysts
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
Interested in applying? Contact Tony Viterbo at Tony@eclaro.com now.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.