|Reference # :||17-05471||Title :||Procurement Specialist|
|Location :||White Plains, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||1 Years||Start Date :||06/08/2017|
|Project Overview This role will support client Procurement Department's purchasing requirements.|
Functions and Responsibilities
• Prepare RFP'S and related bid documents for client departments, as necessary.
• Identify potential Vendors, as necessary, including available MWBE, MBE and SDVOB Vendors.
• Develop required contract documents based on RFP results. Ensure all contract documents are in compliance with client and State Guidelines. Process Change orders as necessary..
• Prepare Purchase orders as requested.
• The Procurement Specialist 1 will process work using SAP and Ariba software.
• Post documents to NY State Contract Reporter as required.
• Attend project meetings, including onsite meetings, as necessary.
• Computer literacy in all MS Office Suite products required.
• Motivated self-starter required.
• Ability to exhibit problem solving ability in ways that is creative and self-determined.
• Experience in SAP and Ariba.
• Negotiating skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Strong verbal skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Good organizing skills.
• Good recordkeeping skills.
• Good knowledge and understanding of New York State procurement related requirements.
• Ability to extract, comprehend and analyze data while determining the necessary course of action in an independent, professional and timely manner.
• Ability to focus on and provide customer satisfaction to internal procurement group members.
• Strong understanding of procurement processes required.
• Experience in reading and understanding Contract Terms and Conditions
Education and Certifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related field. Or a minimum of 4 years of military experience in logistics.
• Minimum 4 years of Procurement or related experience with focus on construction/equipment contracts, service contracts, and maintenance service agreements.
• Minimum 6 years of utility purchasing experience, preferred.
• Advancement towards Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) designation, preferred.
Monday through Friday
7.5 hour work day with .5 hour unpaid lunch
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary