PMO Project Manager
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a PMO Project Manager for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The client is looking for a Program Management Specialist for a PMO group their department is setting up. They are hiring staff to support Electric Operations; Portfolio and Program Management is the central theme, Project Management will be the main focus but Budgets and Planning are equally important.
Only candidates with relevant experience in Program Management realm will be considered.
Note: The candidate should have a Green Card or US citizenship.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assume responsibility for the oversight of the Project Management Office, including administration, strategic planning and budgeting, standardization and training
- Develop and implement PMO processes and policies, and work with other teams to define, prioritize, and develop projects and programs
- Work with project managers to produce monthly portfolio reports on project status, budget, and timelines
- Create and evolve consistent processes and reporting structures, by partnering closely with IT leadership, along with Finance and Product stakeholders, to drive budgetary and staffing decisions with senior leaders, as well as building out project business modeling and justification for ROI
- Develop business modeling and ROI for projects with IT, finance, and product stakeholders
- Partner closely with team leaders to understand how to best staff and execute from an engineering perspective, including capacity and project planning, resource alignment, and assessment of resource productivity
- Lead critical communications providing project timelines, staffing, budgets, and progress using task management tools (primarily UMT360), based on the audience - this will include providing timely updates on the status of projects to a cross-functional audience and key Senior Leaders
- For each project, develop and manage project plans and all associated documentation; more specifically, manage milestones, resources, deliverables; identify, assign, and schedule all required staff, solutions, and other resources to ensure that each project is completed within agreed upon time parameters and budget
- Lead strategic planning and budget planning and general operational processes to support a growing technology organization
- Develop and manage scorecards for each project including project tracking risk and compliance
- Prepare all required communication for each project to ensure all stakeholders are always informed of decisions, timelines, process changes, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS DESIRED:
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- 5-7 years of experience with Business Analysis, Project Management, and Strategic Planning
- 5-7 years of Budget Planning and Actuals to Budget experience
- Hands-on experience as a software developer preferred
- PMI or other related certification preferred
- Experience developing project reports, project budgets, project staffing, and project schedules along with business modeling and ROI
- Requires deep knowledge of MS project and UMT 360 software
- Strong communication skills with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate effectively with technical staff, business stakeholders, and senior management
- Ability to influence and lead others both within and external to the technology organization
- Agile mindset but are not wedded to one particular type of methodology for completing projects
- Must be adept in using various agile techniques associated with such as User Stories, Backlog Management, Retrospectives, JAD sessions, Behavior Driven Development, Personas, Value Stream Mapping, Story Mapping, Use Cases, in addition to developing and sharing best practices, tools, lessons learned, and processes/procedures and documentation
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.