PC Admin & Support
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a PC Admin & Support for our client in Flushing, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our client’s Technology Support group as a PC Admin & Support, responsible for 2nd level support providing on-site troubleshooting, problem diagnosis and resolution, general technical support for all of customers at assigned locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide technical support including installation, deployment, and maintenance of company PC, laptops and LAN hardware, software, scanner, printer problems, and various peripherals including air cards, blackberry devices, and iPhones
- Perform monthly updates of Microsoft security patches, anti-virus signature file, and other software/application updates
- Frequently work with Mobile Data Terminals (MDT) - Client Toughbook including setup, updates, and periodic maintenance
- Handle disposals of all computing equipment that has become obsolete or unusable
- Monitor and take action on Policed Reports generated by Microsoft SMS, which feeds the Tech Support Dashboard
- Perform semi-annual inspections of LAN Rooms and LAN Cabinets
- Assume responsibility for installation and maintenance of UPS including batteries, agents, ATS, network switches within the LAN/WAN room
- Interface with client's 3rd level support including Application Development, LAN/WAN and Server groups
- Manage and respond to customer calls via the ticketing system, Client Service Manager
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations
In this role, you will be expected to work in all of the client's various sites and environments, such as corporate offices, field workout locations, power plants, and substations. You will work with client's other technical groups during deployment of routers, switches, servers and new technologies as they incorporate them into their environment. This role will have significant contact with users on a daily basis, including employees at all levels.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree related to Computer Science or Information Systems, with a minimum of one-year work experience in related fields, OR High School Diploma/G.E.D., with a minimum of 4 years of work experience is required
- Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft desktop/laptop systems, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Microsoft Office Suite 2010 or higher, required
- Excellent experience in support and troubleshooting in a Desktop Support environment with knowledge of local area networking, copper and fiber wiring, and network switches and routers is required
- General understanding of wireless technology and mobile computing devices is also required
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills – required for customer interaction, problem description. and problem-solving
- Good customer service skills, due to significant contact with users
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and ability to bend and kneel in order to install computer equipment in tight spots
This position will require a valid driver's license and ability and willingness to travel throughout the client service territory as needed; you must have a car and be willing to use it as needed.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.