PC Admin & Support
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a PC Admin & Support for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The PC Admin & Support will join the Technology Support group to identify/troubleshoot connectivity issues (hardware and software). This position will involve heavy customer contact with all levels of employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assume responsibility for 1st and 2nd level Local Area Network (LAN) support, as well as interfacing with client's Application Development and Wide Area Network groups
- Operate in all of Client's various sites and environments, such as Headquarters Buildings, Power Plants, Substations, etc., and, on occasion, Van Nest (Bronx), to provide troubleshooting support, deployment of applications, infrastructure components, and workstations
- Work as part of a group that deploys, upgrades, and supports the workstations, applications, and associated LAN equipment; work with client's other technical groups to deploy and upgrade routers, switches, and new technologies as they incorporate them into their environment
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and the environment is fully protected in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations
- With some general guidance, provide on-site troubleshooting, problem diagnosis and resolution, and general support for the Corporate Infrastructure installed at all company locations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree related to Computer Science or Information Systems, with a minimum of one-year experience, OR High School Diploma/G.E.D. with a minimum of 4 years' experience is required
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite, required (2010 and higher); knowledge of Microsoft OS 7 and higher (especially Windows 10)
- Experience with supporting Office 365 is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of local area networking, copper and fiber wiring, departmental concentrators and switches, required
- General understanding of wireless technology and mobile computing devices
- Strong Windows 7 Deployment Skills and knowledge of deployment methods is required
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills required for customer interaction, problem-description, and problem-solving
- Good customer service skills, due to significant contact with users/customers
- Ability to handle multiple assignments with changing priorities while still meeting deadlines
- Ability to learn new technology as required for the job using documentation and other available resources
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and to bend and kneel in order to install computer equipment in tight spots
- Willingness to provide on-call 24x7 support, on a rotational basis, and to support any/all corporate emergency events, as needed
The following are not required for this position but would be considered as a valuable asset in a potential candidate:
- Familiarity with support tablet devices
- Familiarity with W10
As PC Admin & Support, you will be assigned to work at Rye Service Center (Theodore Freumd Drive, Rye, NY) and/or East View Service Center (Valhalla) and/or Van Nest Bronxdale Avenue, Bronx, NY. You must have a valid driver's license and a personal vehicle, and be willing and able to travel to sites mentioned above as needed.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.