Use your skills where innovative technology solutions begin. Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer for our client in Minneapolis, MN.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, collaborating with customers to manage their needs and achieve success in their business goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Network Engineer will provides functional, technical and business requirements analysis and expertise related to the planning, design, installation and implementation of the data centers, wired and wireless network infrastructure. Plans, monitors and evaluates network performance and design standards and makes appropriate provisions to meet customer needs.
To provide network support and expertise across the organization in all areas of network services and solutions:
- Participates and/or leads projects consisting of inter or intra department employees in accomplishing tasks & projects
- Performance and capacity planning: audit, monitor, analyze and reconfigure wireless and wired network environments for performance improvements and future scalability, with data center focus
- Work closely with other departmental systems engineers providing network support
- Participate in scheduled maintenance during non-peak (or non-business) hours
- Communicate effectively to business and technical groups within the company
- Diagnose and resolve complex network problems
- Diagnose and resolve complex application solutions and product integrations successfully onto the network
- Provide technical expertise when assessing applications and/or hardware for use on the company's network infrastructure
- Provide continued knowledge transfer and mentoring with other team members regarding network functionality
- Communicate effectively to business and technical groups across the organization
- Prepare all required project documentation as assigned/requested
- Complete the knowledge transfer of the organization's data center, wired, and wireless network infrastructure
- Partner and shadow with each of the team members to become orientated to their areas of responsibility in order to obtain that site's knowledge transfer.(Hospitals, Clinics, Offices, and Data Centers)
- Complete existing network overview with our Cisco partners.
- Complete WAN network topology overview and become acquainted with its design and connections to all destinations and failover requirements and solutions
- Complete training on the DHCP tool and subnet assignment design.
- Complete overview of data communications documentation tools, including Network Documentation manual
- Become proficient in understanding and using all of the existing network monitoring and assessment tools used within the team
- Complete training on IT operational tools; time and project reporting
- Complete shadowed on-call rotations in preparation for assuming that responsibility
- Bachelors degree or 4 years directly applicable work experience on data network technology and standards
- Extensive knowledge of data network technology and solutions in a Cisco infrastructure
- Experience with Cisco ACI (Application Centric Integration) technology implementation
- Experience with data center technology planning, design, and support
- Good analytical, problem solving, decision-making, attention to detail, customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with project and/or team management
- Effectively supports team and others through knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Successfully serves as point of authority and/or source of technical knowledge
- Must have Strong verbal and written communication skills, time management discipline, and problem solving skills
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently while also coordinating project work and support functions with other team members
- Experience with network design, implementation and support of network routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers and wireless infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of data center technologies, infrastructure and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of Cisco routers and switches and related network hardware
- Enterprise knowledge of wireless technology, standards and industry trends.
- In-depth knowledge of IP routing and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP preferred)
- Strong background with LAN and WAN protocols (Spanning Tree, HSRP, MPLS, Frame Relay, DSL, Ethernet, 802.1q)
- Knowledge of ACL's
- Extensive experience with network management platforms and protocols such as SNMP, RMON, Solar Winds, NetFlow
- Possess the ability and demonstrated experience to proactively monitor and manage Networks for faults and performance exceptions
- Be able to properly manage capacity and make recommendations for upgrades
- Be able to resolve problems with technical skills, and internal tools
- Highly Skilled abilities to implement and support Wide Area Network services from public carriers and experience or skills to troubleshoot network connections consisting of GeoMax, DS3, DSL, Point to Point T1s, MPLS, Frame Relay service
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures relating to Internal IP networks, using WAN and LAN technology and with Dedicated Public Internet services
- Expert level knowledge of services running on IP networks such as routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP), WINS, DNS, DHCP and IP sub netting and QoS
- Possess working knowledge of Cisco based firewall solutions, intrusion detection and prevention systems and Internet access administration (ASA)
- Possess working knowledge of Public Internet Domain Name registration and the functions provided by Public DNS (ARIN IP address registration, assignment and SWIP processes). Including Public and Private Windows based DNS administration
- Ability to design, propose, implement and document maintenance processes and train team members on the processes and technologies
- Experience supporting IP Telephony systems infrastructure (Routers, switches and public carrier circuits)
- Experience with Load balancing technology platforms
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Jeanine Hastings at JHastings@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.