Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer -Virtualization and Segmentationfor our client in Richardson, TX.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Network Architect works closely with other architecture leads in the broader Global Technology & Operations (GT&O) organization, and with line of business aligned technologists, in order to provide end to end solutions for our business partners.
Candidates will possess a broad knowledge across compute, network, storage, and security disciplines and have a "big picture” vision.Successful candidates will have a foundation of deep technical expertise in some domain of network and security technologies, which will be supplemented with DevOps automation experience.
Although operational support is not a normal part of the role and other engineering staff provide the support for escalation of network incidents, it is expected that, within reason, senior architecture staff will be available at any time to assist with critical network emergencies. Some travel will be required.
Although each new architect will be brought in to address a specific initial domain, their domain focus and scope is expected to evolve as our transformation program matures, and GT&O strategy evolves.
The domain focus for this position will be the development of a global network automation strategy, implementation roadmap, and methodology/tools for maintaining alignment to business and security policies and priorities.
- Directs, manages, plans and administers the operational and administrative activities of the Systems Engineering section
- Supports multiple systems through maintenance, modification, problem resolution, etc. to support ongoing delivery of services and/or operations
- Manages multiple applications/development projects, or single major complex initiatives if a small area of the development function
- Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision-making
- Manages budget, monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly
- Provides input on policy issues
The role of Network Architect is the most senior technical position in Client's Network Services organization. The qualifications for the role are necessarily demanding. Successful candidates will have demonstrated knowledge of network technologies and commitment to life-long learning through achievement of professional certifications.
- Typically 7-10 years of experience in managing and directing multi-project development teams
- Must have vendor certification on at least one SDN Controller platform such as Nuage VSP, VMWare NSX, Nokia Contrail.
- Expertise with networking protocols enabling segmentation: Segment Routing, VXLAN, GRE, LISP.
- Recent experience leading a project delivering some aspect of segmentation on a large scale environment spanning both data center and wide area networks.
- Have a minimum of 10 years' experience designing, developing, configuring, and implementing large scale global enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors.
- Have a minimum of 5 years architectural design experience with major networking, storage, compute and security vendors (Cisco, Arista, Client, Juniper, Dell, IBM, Dell, Brocade)
- Have previously been responsible for the architecture and/or implementation of a very large scale global network deployment or technology transformation.
- Experience with SDN (Software Defined Networking) protocols, including Openflow and OVSDB.
- Familiarity with storage and server virtualization technologies and dependencies to network infrastructure
- Possess programming competence, with technical skills in some variant of each of the following:
- Automation Frameworks (Jenkins, Rundeck, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Data Description: JSon, XML, Yang, etc
- Coding: Python, Perl, Java, etc
- Demonstrated experience leading a project delivering some aspect of network services automation
- Have excellent communication skills with a proven track record of presenting at the most senior levels within the enterprise and the network industry.
- Is likely to have contributed to the relevant standards bodies (e.g. IETF, ITU-T OIF and TMF).
- • Have an in-depth understanding of business strategy and ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives.
- Be a leader and role model with experience of working in and managing diverse teams.
- Possess good financial acumen and be able to develop business cases for the introduction of new services
- Be creative, courageous and prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Must have 'CCIE Routing and Switching' and 'CCIE Data Center' certification; Cisco CCAr and/or CCDE certification
- Possess a minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or a related field. A master's degree or PhD is preferred
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.