Network and Security Engineer
Be a part of creating the right solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Network and Security Engineer for our client in Addison, TX.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!The Network and Security Engineer will be a member of Network and Application Security. As a System Specialist, he/she will be responsible for working on complex technical projects, meeting target timelines, facilitating project team meetings, documentation and Issue resolution. Perform advanced analytics, behavioral modeling and developing methodologies to help GIS Operations to identify risk and mitigate them in a timely fashion.
EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Investigating alerts
- Escalating alerts
- Engaging Internal lines of business to understand identified anomalies
- Tracking remediation activities
- Optimizing detection controls to reduce false positives
- Developing reports, documentation and presentations
- Provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues.
- Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Coordinates the reporting data security incidents.
- Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups.
- State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols.
- Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- 5+ years experience in the Information Technology field.
- Working knowledge of security threat vectors, networking, network security, and application security.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Advanced problem solving skills, ability to develop effective long-term solutions to complex problems.
- In-depth knowledge of common network protocols, packet formats, and security vulnerabilities is required.
- Exemplary people skills are a must.
- Strong Intrusion Analysis background. Resource must be able to identify and interpret logs from various servers and services such as web, sql, and applications.
- Experience doing packet captures and interpreting them (wireshark for example)
- Knowledgeable of current exploits. Resource must be able to identify common exploits from the appropriate web and event logs.
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at email@example.com now.
- Strong network protocol & packet analysis preferred
- Strong networking knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience with netflow/ipfix based technologies a plus
- Experience with Unix system administration a plus
- Splunk skills a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.