.Net/SQL Server Developer
Job Number: 1095
Duration: 3-6 Months, with possibility of extension
Location/s: 4 Irving Place, New York, and at times other NYC offices
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a .Net/SQL Server Developer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
We are looking for a seasoned application development professional to join the team supporting Energy Management systems. The suite of systems consist of a mixture of in-house developed systems as well as vendor applications that support gas and electric commodity trading, energy risk management, and accounting. In-house development is performed using Microsoft .Net/SQL Server.
In this role, you will be expected to:
The work is interesting, the team is great and professional, and the environment is pleasant.
- Analyze, design, code, test, and document all changes
- Work on several distinct, but related projects
- Be capable of performing system architecture tasks, have excellent analytical skills, and be a proficient coder and write
- Be comfortable working on a variety of assignments to provide staff augmentation on focused tasks, as well as lead new development projects independently
- Be a flexible team player who understands that they may be called upon to perform varied tasks from system architecture, analysis, coding, and documentation as the need arises
- Have strong communications and soft skills, including the ability to work with both IT technical professionals as well as business users
The first project will implement enhancements to an internally developed Gas Trading System - the system is complex from both a technical and business perspective. The project involves a great deal of requirements gathering and design documentation, technical architecture changes, and coding in Microsoft VB.net and SQL2008R2 thru SQL2014. You will work as part of a high-functioning team, and will be expected to work effectively as a member of the team, as well as independently. In sum, we need a technical architect and programmer, super analyst, with great written and oral communication skills.
- Work with multiple internal IT teams to process ANSII encoded data into an SQL Server data structure and integrating that imported data into an existing database
- Create SQL Server data layer processes to incorporate complex business rules for business tier utilization.
- Other related assignments may include production support and redesign of components of the existing system
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must, as well proficiency in the following areas:
§ .NET (weight 60%)
- 5-10+ years of intermediate to advanced experience in .NET covering frameworks from version 1.0 – 4.6.2
- Intermediate to advanced Windows Presentation Framework (WPF) knowledge
o Style Dictionaries, Data Triggers, User Controls, Flow Layouts, Navigation, MVVM, Prism, Attached Properties, Delegate, XAML should all be terms that are familiar and describable with particularity
WebAPI 2.0 and / or OData 2 – 3.x recent experience or knowledge
o Controller, Action, Routes should all be terms that are familiar and describable with particularity
- .NET Threading, thread synchronization techniques and classes, GUI responsiveness techniques, and more – You should know the answer to: Why can't a background thread talk to a GUI thread?
- Experience with JSON, XML, file formats – You should be able to discern the difference and describe the pros and cons
- Proficiency with LINQ over objects, XML, etc. – You should be able to write a LINQ query on a whiteboard from memory and describe what its results will be and articulate what will happen if you add .ToList() or .ToArray() to it, if appropriate and applicable
- Proficiency with generic collection found in System.Collections.Generic namespace
- Familiarity with ASP.NET WebForm application lifecycle
o Support for and knowledge of webpage events – What's the difference between post request and a post back?
o Knowledge of the state models in ASP.NET e.g. view state, session state
o Knowledge of Authentication types in ASP.NET and how to configure and implement them
§ SQL Server (weight 30%)
- ADO.NET experience – You should be able to describe with particularity the objects that make up the ADO.NET database connectivity eco-system e.g. Connection, DataAdaptor, etc.
- Familiarity with designing, reading, and using Generic Classes, functions, Extension methods
- Knowledge of VB.NET and willingness to work on tasks that involve coding and troubleshoot maintenance task in ASP.NET / VB.NET code-behind
- Experience with Visual Studio 201x or later, C# 5, 6, 7 language specs is desired
- Recent Intermediate to Advance OOA&D experience, knowledge, and use of design patterns – in other words, when to use them and not; capability of describing a design pattern other than Singleton with particularity
§ Entity Framework 6.x - Object Relational Mapping (ORM) (weight 5%)
- 5-10 years of strong experience as SQL Server developer with proficiency in version 2012 or greater
- Experience with XML features e.g. XML Data
- Experience in developing Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete (CRUD) stored procedures
- Knowledge in Transact SQL (T-SQL) experience if-then logic, loops, table variables
- Knowledge in complex SQL queries e.g. outer joins, merge, transactions, isolation levels, performing query optimization using tools such as explain plan, knowing the difference between explain plan estimate and actual, etc.
- DDL, data model experience, alter script to create table, add column, add constraints, foreign keys, triggers, etc.
§ Working knowledge of SDLC (weight 5%)
- Proficiency in and hands-on experience with Microsoft Entity Framework 6.x
- 3-5+ years of experience with Entity Framework 6.x, FluentAPI, LINQ, DBContext, Entity, Model design, and Change Tracking experience
- 5-10+ years of experience writing technical specifications and user documentation
- 5-10+ years of experience analyzing and designing complex computer systems
- SOX IT Controls
THE FOLLOWING ARE DESIRED:
- Knowledge in/experience with ANSII E.D.I. Standards, Gas/Electric Trading, Commodities Trading, and
- Risk Management and Accounting Principles
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Homer Ballega at (201) 375-9070 or send an email with your resume, along with the Job Number and your hourly rate and availability to Homer.Ballega@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.