.Net/SQL Server Developer
Location: New York
Duration: 6 months contract and conversion to permanent
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a .Net/SQL Server Developer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client operates one of the world's largest energy delivery systems, constantly at the forefront of innovations in developing technology.
- Client is looking for a seasoned application development professional to join the team supporting its Energy Management systems.
- The suite of systems consist of a mixture of in-house developed systems as well as vendor applications that support gas and electric commodity trading, energy risk management, and accounting.
- In house development is performed using Microsoft .Net/SQL Server.
- The candidate will be expected to analyze, design, code, test, and document all changes.
- The candidate will be expected to work on several distinct, but related projects.
- The candidate is expected to be capable of performing system architecture tasks, have excellent analytical skills, and be a proficient coder and writer.
- The candidate is expected to be comfortable working on a variety of assignments to provide staff augmentation on focused tasks, as well as lead new development projects independently.
- In all cases, the candidate must be a flexible team player who understands that they may be called upon to perform varied tasks from system architecture, analysis, coding, and documentation as the need arises.
- Strong communications and soft skills are required, including the ability to work with both IT technical professionals as well as business users.
- The work is interesting, the team is great and professional, and the environment is pleasant.
- The first project will implement enhancements to an internally developed Gas Trading System.
- The system is complex from both a technical and business perspective.
- The project involves a great deal of requirements gathering and design documentation, technical architecture changes, and coding in Microsoft VB.net, and SQL2008R2 thru SQL2014.
- The candidate will work as part of a high-functioning team, and is expected to work effectively as a member of the team, as well as independently.
- In sum, we need a technical architect and programmer, super analyst, with great written and oral communication skills.
- This assignment involves working with multiple internal IT teams to process ANSII encoded data into a SQL Server data structure and integrating that imported data into an existing database.
- Creating SQL Server data layer processes to incorporate complex business rules for business tier utilization.
- Other related assignments may include production support and redesign of components of the existing system.
Skills & Requirements
Candidate should demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- (5-10 years) Strong SQL Server developer with proficiency in version 2012 or greater.
- Experience with XML features, procedures, T-SQL, complex SQL queries, DML, DDL.
- (5-10+ years) Experience in OOP design and development in Visual Studio 2013 using VB.NET and / or C#.
- (5+ years) Familiar with TFS 2013, and remote builds, unit testing.
- (5-10+ years) Experience with testing, IOC, DI, and mocking frameworks like NUnit, Moq, Unity as and for example.
- (5+ years) Experience in .NET LINQ implementation
Object Relational Mapping (ORM):
- (3-5+ years) Experience with Entity Framework 6.x or greater, FluentAPI, LINQ, DBContext, Entity, Model design and Change Tracking experience.
Working knowledge of SDLC:
- (5-10+ years) experience writing technical specifications and user documentation.
- (5-10+ years) analyzing and designing complex computer systems.
- SOX IT Controls
Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
KNOWLEDEGE AND EXPERIENCE IN THE FF. PREFERRED:
- ANSII E.D.I. Standards
- Gas/Electric Trading, Commodities Trading
- Risk Management and Accounting Principles
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying? Contact Rhosiel Anne Amorsolo at 201-375-9082 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.