Middleware Platform as a Service Lead Engineer
Grab the opportunity to achieve your full potential! Eclaro is looking for a Middleware Platform as a Service Lead Engineer for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Middleware Platform as a Service Lead Engineer will lead design and development of container platforms, deployment pipelines, and middleware applications. The ideal candidate will have experience with large-scale container deployments using Java, Python, Node.js, OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes and Ansible.
- Lead design and development
- Perform High Level Architectural Design
- Oversee Low Level Detail Design
- Oversee and coordinate the work of other developers
- Create modules using the Java programming language
- Build and deploy micro-services
- Develop PaaS automation around RESTful services
POSITION TASKS INCLUDE:
- Design automated, containerized cloud application platform solutions, cloud-ready distributed application architectures, migrating monolithic applications to micro services, containerized development, and integrating container platforms with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment.
- Manage design, configuration, and implementation for a large or several small to medium systems
- Deal with most difficult or complex systems and generate new design ideas
- Interface with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals
- Serve as primary liaison with vendors, consultants, and Senior Tech Managers
- Responsible for staffing, performance management, and compensation decision-making
- Ensure proper training and staffing on an on-going and project basis
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 10+ years of Software Development experience
- 8+ years of dynamic/scripted languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, bash, etc.) experience
- Experience with continuous integration Tools: Maven, Jenkins
- Experience with cloud environments: Amazon AWS, Google App Engine
- Experience with PaaS: Docker, OpenShift, Pivotal/Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Ansible
- Understanding of Container orchestration, container registries, container build strategies, and micro services on container platforms.
- Ability to clearly develop and write specifications, use cases, and support documentation
- Ability to lead an engineering team with interdependencies on global resources
- Ability to work independently and work collaboratively with cross-functional team
- Ability to understand macro-level requirements and convert them into actionable tasks to deliver a technically sound product
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.