Lead Functional Analyst
Help drive change! Eclaro is looking for a Lead Functional Analyst for our client in Jersey City, NJ.
Eclaro’s client is a leading global bank stimulating change and innovation in the industry by offering top-notch financial products and services for a wide-range of clients worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The role of Functional Analyst is vital to determining what successful, high-quality delivery looks like and ensuring that the technology teams have delivered on this. It is a highly visible role, communicating with employees on various levels within client group and the other areas of IT.
As the Lead Functional Analyst, you will:
- Gather, verify, analyze, and document Functional requirements
- Perform data and systems analysis to support documentation and understanding of the current-state
- Gain client and IT sign-off of requirements documents and specifications by conducting walkthroughs, presentations, and formal reviews
- Perform reviews and provide feedback on documentation produced by other Functional Analysts
- Drive and deliver initiatives to improve the team's analysis processes, methods, and documentation
- Work closely with the development teams to develop functional specifications and help develop technical designs
- Ensure that development teams and management have a clear understanding of Functional priorities
- Plan, script, manage, and execute acceptance testing - both UAT, with the client performing execution, and acceptance testing prior to UAT start
- Plan and execute user-training on new systems
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent
- 10+ years of work experience as a Functional Analyst in a technology team in a financial services organization (preferably a tier 1 investment bank).
- Strong knowledge of equity or debt products through the whole product lifecycle
- Experience in writing test strategies, plans, scripts, and cases
- Knowledge of the key responsibilities of an investment bank's Compliance department (preferably Trade Surveillance, Information Barriers, and Employee Surveillance requirements);.experience of Compliance, public / private side interactions, and particularly information barriers surveillance using the Actimize platform will be an advantage
- In-depth understanding of Functional analysis (including knowledge of at least one requirements management / modelling tool) and with the ability to select the right tools / methodologies for a given task
- Good understanding of the technology product and project lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of clients and IT stakeholders up to, and including, director
- Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical audiences
- Systems and data analysis skills, including SQL and desktop data analysis tools; any data modelling / warehousing experience would be an advantage
- Ability to plan, own, and run a portfolio of analysis tasks
- Flexibility, ability to organize and prioritize your own.
- Ability to identify and interpret stakeholder needs and requirements
- Strong critical thinking with creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with remote stakeholders and team members
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.