Bank on a company that will help you reach your career goals. Eclaro is looking for an ISDA Negotiator for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest banking firms in the world, with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Negotiator will be a consultant responsible for the negotiation, production, and execution of amendments to the existing portfolio of ISDA Master Agreements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform timely, consistent, and effective negotiation of treasury product documentation upon request from group relationship managers and group offices offering a client-friendly service to both internal and external clients to help internal clients facilitate their business.
- Work closely with other onboarding functions, and in particular with the Client Management Group to ensure that the client service offering across GBM Onboarding is unified and seamless
- Liaise with RMs, Legal, Sales, Credit, Operations, Tax, and other internal clients to ensure that the appropriate terms are included in all agreements to ensure the effective protection of the Bank in line with Group policies and procedures.
- Adhere to performance standards with respect to turnaround times and escalation/abandonment guidelines agreed with business partners
- Comply with Audit, Compliance, Legal, and Risk Management requirements (including Treasury Documentation Policy)
- Provide guidance and advice relating to traded products master agreement documentation to internal clients where required
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of appropriate records, databases/systems, and filing systems (including the Central Documentation Database, excel spreadsheets, etc.), ensuring that documentation information is accurately recorded on appropriate systems and all management reports are produced in a timely fashion
- Encourage and support team and Group colleagues in their understanding of and need for executing treasury product documentation
- Provide support to Team Leader on additional projects such as documentation remediation projects (i.e. amendments to original terms)
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology
o This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring
o Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls
o This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators
- Implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer - the term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply
o This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity
o Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
The successful candidate will:
- Be proactive and dynamic
- Have the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Have an excellent knowledge of a variety of traded markets master agreement documentation and their underlying products (in particular, ISDA and other market standard derivatives and securities financing agreements) and credit, legal, regulatory, and operational issues/risks relating thereto
- Have a big picture understanding of the financial markets and understands business and regulatory implications of documentation aspects
- Be responsive and focused on client service
- Be commercial and solutions focused with the ability to draft appropriate legal provisions reflecting the agreed outcome
- Be highly organized
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be capable of building strong relationships with key stakeholders and external clients
- Be able to give guidance to key stakeholders and strategically think through solutions
- Be able to work effectively in a pressurized and time sensitive environment
- Display a flexible and adaptive approach to work
In addition to English, any of the following language skills would be an advantage: French, German, Italian, Spanish, or Portuguese.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.