Global Asset Management Services Support Associate
Be a part of creating the right solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Global Asset Management Services Support Associate -COBOL MVS for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Global Asset Management Services Support Associate will be hands on with daily operations of the 24x7 processing of equities reporting for Hedge Fund clients. He/she will also support the Prime Brokerage and equity services business. The associate will be a member of a global team working in shifts.
- Analyzing the current system/workflow and recommending improvementsAs a member of the Tradeplant team, the production support candidate is responsible for the following:
- Monitor job status and workflow status
- Escalate to other tech teams as required
- Look up and update job info as required
- Create and/or execute JCL as required
- Adhere to controlled access to production guidelines and other guidelines as defined by ITIL
- Triage and troubleshoot issues as they arise and keep management updated
- Make recommendation on improving workflow and operations
- Update runbooks and other knowledge base as required
- Monitoring business health and respond to alerts
- Performing start of day and end of day checks, handing over issues to next shift and working with other technology partners whenever issues arise are all part of daily tasks
- Support application smoke testing, application release from time to time on weekends.
- Provide L1/L2 support for the bank's clearing application which runs on MVS and the Prime Brokerage reporting platform that runs on Linux
- Knowledge in Prime Brokerage fundamentals, reports, and a positive attitude to resolve issues
- Technical knowledge in running SQL and Linux commands and great analytical skills
- 1 to 5 years of experience in IBM mainframe MVS environment
- 1 to 5+ years working experience and knowledge of COBOL II, COBOL/LE, CICS, VSAM, JAVA and JCL
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Able to work across several teams
- Must be able to work with production support, data center management and change management teams within the organization
- Self-motivated and flexible with regard to work assignments;
- Familiarity with PC tools; Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and PROJECT;
- Must possess excellent communication skills, verbally and electronically
- Must have experience in dealing with incidents and trouble-shooting them
- Must have experience with autosys, ITRS, Linux, SQL
- Any experience with application server installs
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other staff members
- Communicate effectively the business impact when issues arise
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Certification in the financial markets
- MQ Series knowledge
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Knowledge of Client environment
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.