Project Overview This role will maintain and support CLIENT's Support Corporate Messaging System running on Exchange 2010 Infrastructure
Functions and Responsibilities
- Act as the lead technical architect to support existing CLIENT's Exchange 2010 and Office365 messaging infrastructure and design any new infrastructure with high availability and disaster recovery site readiness
- Develop migration plan to move from Exchange 2010 to newer visions of Exchange or Office365.
- Have experience in Exchange migration strategy design and implementation
- Administer and maintain Exchange disaster recovery procedures and policies
- Experience configuring Microsoft failover cluster for lightly available applications.
- Manage and support Exchange messaging system currently running on Client physical servers and VMWare
- Manage and configure VMWare clusters in multi datacenter
The successful candidate also must show 10 or more years of proven expert experience and or certifications and expertise in the following areas:
- Vast experience managing, configuring and troubleshooting Exchange 2010, Office365 and Outlook issues.
- VMWare, Active Directory, Windows server 2008/2012 security, access rights and groups
- LAN/WAN fiber and copper networks and must be capable of analyzing and resolving any Server network connectivity issues (i.e. client/server architecture).
- Knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, DHCP, IPSEC, FCIP, etc.
- Expert experience troubleshooting Windows server's OS running on Client and Hitachi hardware.
- Have extensive experience with:
- Exchange Unified Messaging
- Exchange clustering solutions to provide high availability
- Windows Failover clustering
- Exchange DAGs
- Exchange message routing design and implementation
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway
- Microsoft Active Directory design and administration
- F5 Load Balancers
Education and Certifications
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Master's preferred or equivalent minimum of ten years' IT experience serving in strong technical leadership roles.
- 10 years of experience and working knowledge with:
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 and Office365
- VMWare System Administration.
- Microsoft Windows server system administration.
- The candidate must have demonstrated decision-making, analytical, organizational, communication and problem solving abilities.
- Technical certifications are strongly desired.
- The candidate must be willing and able to work after hours and weekends as required.
Monday through Friday, 7.5 hour work day with .5 hour unpaid lunch
Paid for time worked only; there are no paid holidays, vacation or sick days
Overtime is not permitted unless authorized in advanced.
The candidate may be ask to move workday to the weekend when the business arises.