Director of Technology
Find your next opportunity in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Director of Technology our client in Newark, DE.
Eclaro's client is one of the largest banking and financial services firms. They are a major provider of investment banking, asset management, private banking, private wealth management and treasury & security services in the United States.
This position is a key contributor for the client and will be managing a team of approximately 20 developers in a Java environment. This role will have full ownership of the application stack supporting the Corporate Finance Organization.
- Develop and review end to end in-scope application implementation plan including business requirements, functional specification, development strategy, staffing requirements and integration with external components
- Provide strategic technology directions in order to ensure required level of functionality and performance expectations are met, and to manage risk, improve reliability, ensure compliance with risk policy and audit requirements
- Drive technology innovations, improve productivity and control through automation and standardization
- Provide hands-on guidance in implementation of chosen technology stack collaborate and build relationships with other development teams, operate team, controls team and business clients
- Establish and regularly update, multi-year strategic target state platform
- Drive annual planning process for in-scope deliverables
establish and regularly manage financial and staffing plans to deliver on schedule and within budget
- This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at email@example.com now
- Over 7 years of enterprise platform program management experiences
- Minimum 10-15 years of relevant end to end development life cycle experiences in Financial Industry
- Solid experience with developing and managing Finance applications
- Solid experience with analytical tool development (e.g. pricing or risk management platform, what-if data analytics, sensitivity analysis, etc.)
- Strong technical skills (J2EE, big data and other database technologies)
- Strong knowledge and exposure to user interface technology sets
- Experience in delivering shared business/technical capabilities
- Experience managing offshore/onshore model and mentoring less experienced team members
- Strong project management and team management skills e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management etc.
- Ability to lead, delegate, motivate, and support resources to achieve high delivery demands
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
- Application development experiences in retail banking will be highly desirable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.