Eclaro has an exciting opportunity for a Director Business Systems in Menlo Park CA. This Director will be responsible for strategic planning, development and operation of ERP applications that make use of new technology, adhere to established technical and quality standards, are cost effective and meet the information needs of clients. This position is the primary "go to " person relative to the day-to-day operational issues and user concerns. The Director of ERP provides the customer's community with professional support in matters relating to business process improvements and applications acquisition, implementation, and resource utilizations for systems and projects. This includes participating in, and, when appropriate, providing leadership for teams dedicated to business processes and computer applications. This position will also function as a key member and enabler for EBS Steering committee.
Essential Functions(Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct)
- Collaborates with user community and IT staff to identify priority needs and reviewing issues that may have an organizational impact
- Deploys strategies and seeks out opportunities to improve customer service, reduce costs related to work processes and enhance vendor and consulting relationships.
- Collaborate and partner with business leaders in determining long term roadmap for ERP and other business systems.
- Directs and oversees the planning, designing, implementing and documentation of all new applications and upgrades to existing applications and the resolution of application issues.
- Assists with department goal setting, the preparation of the annual IT operating and capital budgets and monitoring of the budgetary targets for staff and projects.
- Develops strategies and seeks opportunities to improve customer service, reduce costs related to work processes and enhance vendor and consulting relationships.
- Directs and facilitates organizational initiatives which support the organization's strategic plan and the implementation and delivery of application services for the hospital community; acts a catalyst and lead role in organizational service change and improvements.
- Directs the development and implementation of all ERP and integrated business applications to ensure productive and efficient information systems are utilized and maintained.
- Directs the integration of all applications and ensures data integrity and consistency across the organization.
Minimum QualificationsAny combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university
- Experience: Seven (7) years of progressively responsible and directly related experience
- Prior experience in managing delivery of business systems projects, products, and services.
- Prior experience with large, complex organizational entities such as a multi-location health system environment preferred
- Must have experience with PeopleSoft ERP Systems
Knowledge, Skills, & AbilitiesThese are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to cross-functional departments or teams
- Ability to manage complex projects and resources (people, costs, and time) across multiple departments
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others
- Ability to strategize, plan and implement change
- Knowledge and understanding of goals and the interdependencies of functional departments and groups (in health care industry) and the ability to lead large-scale complex IT projects in addressing overall business needs
- Knowledge and ability to direct a staff in integrating informational technology services with the work requirements and deliverables of units and departments
- Knowledge and depth and/or breadth of expertise in informational technology disciplines e.g., network operations, databases, software application and interfaces, computer operations, production control, quality assurance and systems management
- Knowledge of new technologies (in specific field) and maintain and stay abreast of updates and changes
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management
- Knowledge of project management process and systems