|ECLARO is a company that delivers talent. We provide fully customizable, comprehensive talent acquisition and management of seasoned professionals through a number of business models, including: Consulting, Professional Hire, Global Integrated DeliveryTM and Managed Services.|
Eclaro is looking for a Senior Desktop Engineer for an opportunity for our client in Norwich, CT. We encourage all authorized to work in the US to apply, we cannot subcontract.
Job Description/ Qualifications:
- The Senior Desktop Engineer is responsible for designing the processes and technologies required to implement, support, organize, modify, and otherwise maintain the enterprises computer systems as they relate to end user devices (workstations and other endpoints). In collaboration with system and network administrators, this senior desktop engineer will design, implement, and enforce standards through various tools to manage endpoints. He or she is responsible for standard delivery and maintenance of applications, configurations, and security policies (patches, anti-virus, and encryption) at the endpoint. He or she will continue to define and improve the enterprise endpoint reference architecture. The position is expected to manage endpoints in a hybrid environment consisting of thin clients with virtualized desktops, physical PC workstations with local and domain managed profiles, and end user mobility.
Highly skilled Service Support Specialist with specific responsibilities that include:
- Understanding of Desktop Support and Services.
- Understanding of Active Directory, user authentication and authorization identify and access management.
- Uses creativity and innovation to automate and streamline processes and procedures.
- Understands customer support, likes to work with people and can ensure that the customer is satisfied.
- Ability to troubleshoot in a high-level systematic way. Ability to identify symptoms and research cause.
- Understanding of basic Networking principles, including network troubleshooting for connectivity issues, DHCP, DNS, use of tools like PING, NSLOOKUP and NETSTAT
- Ability and experience to work with Desktop deployment management systems such as SCCM or LANDesk. Ability to train others how to use such tools.
- Ability to script with PowerShell. Scripting abilities should include validation, editing, input and output, including automation to production systems, specifically Active Directory.
- SCCM or LANDesk Experience Required.
- Advanced understanding of Content Distribution and Management, Maintenance Windows, Queries, Application Deployment, Packaging Deployment, Operating Systems Deployment, Lite touch or Zero touch Operating System Deployment, Microsoft Software Updates, and 3rd-Party Integrations.
- Full knowledge of the Operating System Deployment process from design to deployment and the support tools and technology involved (SCCM, MDT, WDS, PXE, Bootable Media, Task Sequences, MSI and MST files, etc.)
- STRONG OS, AD and Application troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience with top level support (no escalation beyond).
- STRONG experience in the following tools: MDT, APP-V, Install Shield, Software Repackages, MSI Tables
- Ability to fully script repeatable tasks, Operating System Deployment, Application Installs and configuration changes.
- Experience in Windows XP/7/8/10 from an Administrator perspective (not desktop support.) Security hardening standards and implementation.
- VB and/or PowerShell scripting experience in a production environment
- STRONG shell experience in windows (command shell, VBScript, PowerShell.
- GPO – Desktop experience
- Understanding of window images for virtual and physical systems – OSD/OVF/WIM
- Design, implement, and maintain standard architecture for endpoints utilizing virtualized desktop systems
- Design, implement, and maintain standard desktop , laptop, tablet, or other endpoint systems and devices
If interested, you may contact
Radelyn Bulaong at (201) 283-9181
or send email to Radelyn.Bulaong@eclaro.com with a Word resume
ECLARO recruits and manages a staff of highly skilled individuals in an array of specialized disciplines. This approach enables our clients to leverage new opportunities, respond to increased and changing demands and increase their profitability. Please visit www.eclaroIT.com to see why the Right People are The AnswerTM.
Specialties: Customized solutions for Human Capital and Talent Acquisition, Permanent placement and retained search, Recruiting, Staff Augmentation, Contract Labor, Managed Services, RPO, MSP, VMS, IT solutions, management and support, offshore business process outsourcing.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Industry: Staffing and Recruiting
Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000 employees