Start your career in the Financial Services Industry. Eclaro is looking for a Credit Analyst- Financial Institutions for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro's client is a global bank with operations in consumer, corporate and institutional banking and treasury services across more than 70 countries worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
- Proactively assist in resolving issues in the everyday credit management of the respective assigned portfolio and escalate whenever necessary to ensure quick resolution.
- Act as primary analyst for assigned accounts and support fellow LATAM FI Credit Analysts as required. Responsible for the management of Mexico Financial Institutions portfolio of clients to include the front-to-end business credit application (BCA) process by performing independent, forward looking credit analysis of current and prospective clients.
- Plan and conduct the overall credit process for assigned accounts with respect to assessments of risks, credit papers, credit grades, as well as proactive monitoring of credit events, including:
- Financial analysis of customers using credit skills - ratio analysis; evaluation of security and collateral; evaluation of parent support policies; judgment of management and strategy.
- Evaluation and understanding of risk associated with individual transactions, products, borrowers and counterparties
- Conducting annual credit review of assigned accounts and ensuring that respective Client and BCAs are processed and successfully approved on schedule.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies in conjunction with Global Relationship Managers (GAM) and Relationship Managers (RM) (e.g. preparing the Country portfolio standard checklist, Temasek check, other special reporting requirements, etc.).
- Proactively monitoring credit risk of assigned clients on an ongoing basis and escalating any newly identified credit risk.
- As part of the annual credit review process, check for any gaps in credit documentation and escalate to RM team.
- Raise and obtain necessary deferral/waiver approvals from risk approvers/senior management.
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and ad hoc credit reports appropriately - preparing reports, escalation, and take actions to GAM/Risk, as per policy/procedure. Monitor, in conjunction with risk approvers, any risk triggers and tack the evolution of client performance and client risk profiles over time.
- Ensure zero BCA/credit review over dues and work to minimize extensions.
- Alerting / Escallating the issue to the GAM/RM & other stakeholders in case any of the Credit approval conditions in have not been complied with within stipulated timelines.
- In partnership with the GAM, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in Early Alert (EAR/ASTAR) as per the bank's policies and guidelines. Preparing the EAR/ASTAR/Adverse news report note for credit issues based on their own research and inputs from GAM and circulation to relevant stakeholders as per policy/procedure
- Attend EAR/Portfolio meetings calls along with the relationship manager when needed
- Support team efforts in preparing and responding to internal/external audits and regulatory exams.
- As part of the annual credit review, identify client limits that are not utilized or underutilized and escalate to management to initiate discussions with the respective GAM team
- Actively participate in the management of excesses together with the client delivery team, including, but not limited to proposing limit increases or reducing exposures and promptly addressing queries from Risk
- Plan and conduct credit due diligence of assigned accounts.
- Ensure receipt of Quarterly/Annual/Interim Financials for private clients (non-publicly traded) from GAM/client
- Participate regularly in account planning sessions to ensure familiarity with customer business and contribute credit/risk opinions about client and industry.
- Conduct enhanced credit due diligence in order to achieve clear understanding of credit risks associated with new transactions. Prepare call reports on credit/risk related discussion, if the CA attended the meeting/discussion when in attendance
- Contribute to the structuring of transactions in coordination with other stakeholders (e.g., legal, FM, TB, RISK) including the corresponding RWA calculations.
- Propose and assist with negotiation of credit terms for ISDA/CSA agreements through preparation of Credit Term Sheets (CTS)
- Cultivate and maintain close relationships with stakeholders in Risk, Legal, and Compliance
- Conduct periodic portfolio reviews of assigned segment to assess creditworthiness and initiate ad hoc reviews for clients subject to adverse news or vulnerable to specific economic, market or regulatory events
- Proactively monitoring market and industry data and risk triggers across the assigned portfolio
- Take personal responsibility for complex transactions or complex relationships with assigned names
- Contribute to Stress Tests requests (wherever required or request by GAM/Risk Management)
- Perform ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles with respect to assigned names: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
Interested in applying? Contact Heather Degen at Hdegen@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.