Construction Project Scheduler
Want to be part of the Energy Industry? Eclaro is looking for a Construction Project Scheduler for our client in Massena, NY.
Eclaro's Client is America's largest state power organization and is a national leader in energy efficiency and clean energy technology. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!The Construction Project Scheduler will support Project Management at the St. Lawrence Power project for planning and supervisory capital projects. Specific responsibilities include scheduling internal and external of the Client's resources, managing contracts, monitoring costs, report financial KPIs and follow schedules for project task completion.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Project Management interface with facility operations, maintenance departments and transmission department by implementing the responsibilities and procedures found in Power Generation's Maintenance Resource Manual by:
- 1) Optimizing the availability and performance of plant equipment in a joint effort with the facilities Operations and Maintenance Groups.
- 2) Utilizing NYPA's assets, materials and labor resources as well as those of contractors in the most cost-effective manner.
- 3) Utilize resource planning and scheduling techniques and apply the best work methods available to achieve high standards of maintenance through use of Maximo and PTR plus software.
- 4) Assist in planning and requesting required outages well in advance.
- 5) Develop and maintain STL/FDR PM Master Integrated Schedule including all activities for site labor and contractor activities.
- Work with Project Management personnel to ensure that design, specifications and contracts are followed and that work is done according to schedule and within budget.
- Review drawings and specifications to assure constructability and conformance to authority and industry criteria.
- Review and monitor project scheduling to identify delays, conflicts and evaluate impact.
- Review and process design changes, field changes and extra work orders.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly progress reports and project summaries. Evaluate progress vs. schedule and “critical path”.
- Provide support to WPO with budgetary and technical data of existing work as well as planning for future work.
- Includes tabulation and analysis of labor costs & man hours, material requisition research and preparation
- Assist Project Management personnel to prepare project closeout packages to be transmitted to the appropriate O&M personnel and departments per Configuration Management Procedures.
- Computer literacy and extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Project, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook), Maximo and PTR Plus software required.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong problem solving, coordination, logistics and planning skills required.
- Technical innovation required.
- Implementation of Project Management Institute's (PMI) standards and guidelines.
- Knowledge of power transmission or Industrial electrical systems
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- TransitChek Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Eric Jones at email@example.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.