Commodities Trade Control & Reconciliations
|Reference # :||17-02350||Title :||Commodities Trade Control & Reconciliations|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||03/10/2017|
Eclaro is looking for a Commodities Middle Office Specialist with strong experience in trade control and reconciliations or Commodities products for a full time position with an investment bank in New York, NY.
This role and the successful applicant will join the Commodities Middle Office, covering the Middle Office Trade Control and Reconciliation activities for our trading desks working as part of a team to meet daily deadlines.
· Chance to work for one of the world's largest financial institutions, with more than $109bn in market capitalization.
· Commodities Middle Office enjoys a reputation for flawless financial management and control
· Middle Office has exposure to a wide range of products, and daily contact with other departments including Front Office, Finance, Operations and Technology
· Encourage diverse and inclusive environment working with other teammates around the world.
· Extensive on the job training and encouragement to understand the complete commodities front to back life cycle, which lead to enhanced career development prospects
· Ability to develop an understanding of the crude oil and refined products market and fundamentally understand how it pertains to the trade support role
· Monitoring of all trades booked from execution to settlement
· Working in a pressurized environment with specific time constraints, whilst maintaining and actively looking to improve all process efficiencies
· Ensure that all correct control procedures are adhered to and a full audit trail is recorded and maintained at all times
· Assist in the streamlining and enhancement of all trade control procedures and become actively involved with system development ranging from technical enhancements, new product release and automation of existing processes.
· Aid in development of team members by training and sharing knowledge and regular cross training
· Production and analysis of weekly/daily reports for team and management
· Quick and accurate delivery of excellent internal/external service
· Deliver support for new products and initiatives
· Drive standardization of process, application and data source
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong and concise written and verbal communication skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to independently work through issues to ensure deadlines are met
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships across the wider investment bank and support groups
· Intermediate to advanced desktop application skills (PowerPoint/Word/Excel)
· Strong problem solving skills for numerous reconciliations
· High energy and strong sense of urgency
· Must have 1-2 years of experience with PnL production, ideally experience with physical crude or refined products in either a middle office or back office support role
· Must have experience working with traders, middle office and accounting groups
· Understanding of derivatives and/or commodity products
· Previous reconciliation/trade support experience
· Working knowledge of SolArc RightAngle, OpenLink Endur, ICE Clearing, ClearPort Clearing, Bloomberg
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.