Code Compliance Specialist
|Reference # : ||17-04618||Title : ||Code Compliance Specialist|
|Location : ||WHITE PLAINS, NY|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years||Start Date : ||05/15/2017|| |
| Description |
- Experience working in a local Code Enforcement department, permit reviews and site inspections
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of the New York State Building Codes, Energy Code and all associated reference standards, e.g. NFPA, ADA, ASME, ASCE, AISI, ASTM, etc.
- 5 years' experience in commercial and/or industrial electrical construction
- Bachelors or Associates degree in electrical, civil, or structural engineering/technology preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- The ability to effectively communicate code requirements
- Perseverance in researching multiple code documents and handbooks to obtain a good understanding of the code requirements.
- Experience in reading and understanding construction drawings.
- Perform plan review, conduct construction inspection and witness testing.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs.
- Walk long distances, climb scaffolds and inspect in trenches below grade.
- Able to wear personal protection equipment such as safety shoes, hard hat, hearing protection and safety glasses.
- NY State Certification as a Code Enforcement Official per Title 19, NYCRR
- Licensed PE/RA of NYS preferred
- Related experience in engineering and construction
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you! Apply Online
Share this Job
Job Status: Contract/Temporary