Client Manager - Global Banking KYC / AML Senior Level
|Reference # :||17-05094||Title :||Client Manager - Global Banking KYC / AML Senior Level|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||05/25/2017|
Client Manager - Global Banking KYC/AML Senior Level
Bank on a company that will help you reach your career goals. Eclaro is looking for a Client Manager - Global Banking KYC / AML Senior Level for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest banking firms in the world, with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
• Work closely with GBM to capture requirements for new requests and to raise new requests as required. Client Managers should be working with RM's prior to new request being raised so that they are fully aware of the requirements
• Responsible for ensuring all required information is available to ensure the smooth completion of the request e2e, including information required by all downstream functions
• Responsible for ensuring all requests are prioritized, resolved within agreed timeframes, work-flow pipeline optimized, priorities identified early and issues escalated accordingly.
• Be the KYC Renewals SME; developing a detailed understanding of the clients, KYC Renewals functions, system, process and procedures in order to advise the Business, Clients and near shore Client Managers
• Own and orchestrate to completion cross-border request, in multiple jurisdictions if needed for clients that they own and by working closely with other Client Managers across the globe
• Support the RM and Client through the conversion to the new Global AML standard including having a clear understanding of the additional due diligence requirements and how they will impact the client and support clients and functional SME's in the gathering of this information
• Highlight problems/blockages and take initiative to suggest ideas to change and improve processes.
• Strong emphasis on the maintenance of an effective and rigid control environment ensuring quality and adherence is never compromised.
• Adhering to all service level agreements and metric requirements at all times
• All sector specific cases and projects to be completed within the specified timeframe.
• Metrics - Reduce product cycle times, decrease aged items, aggressively apply the E&A policy and improve productivity month on month.
• Ensure all sector specific KYC renewals cases are being managed appropriately and priorities identified and communicated and issues escalated.
Alignment to and Delivery of the KYC renewal standard
• Assist in the communication and embedding of the standard KYC renewal processes based on knowledge of the location, client and product requirements
• Accountable for ensuring all required steps in the KYC renewal process have been undertaken and that all relevant controls have been adhered to
• Support business and KYC renewal delivery teams to build alignment to the standards and to introduce the required controls and measures
Customers / Stakeholders
• Ownership for the relationship with the client as it pertains to KYCrenewal activity
• Build global relationships with other Client Managers so that a global client view can be cultivated
• Accountable for providing a very visible point of contact for the Relationship Managers and client in terms of KYC renewals queries or escalations
• Implement the client engagement framework in order to effectively manage specific strategic clients and ensure client traction on outstanding issues across all products lines.
• Work as part of the GBM coverage team in order to ensure current priorities are clearly understood based on developing a strategic understanding of the client requirements with the coverage teams
• Develop meaningful relationships with external clients and implement the client engagement framework..
• Regular interaction and feedback from key stakeholders – Global Banking RM community and all KYC functions.
• Daily engagement with the business to ensure all issues, queries and priorities are understood and managed accordingly.
Leadership & Teamwork
• Cultivate an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Client brand.
• Provide support and guidance to respective near shore Client Managers
• Lead by example by ensuring own KYC renewals portfolio is case managed appropriately and also providing guidance to the near shore Client Managers where applicable.
• Provide support and guidance to respective peer group in order to meet KYC renewals objectives.
• Ensuring activities and daily tasks are conducted in a way that ensure alignment to the longer term strategy
• Lead by example – all cases managed appropriately; professionalism when dealing with all stakeholders.
• Delivery focused
Operational Effectiveness & Control
• Accountable for ensuring the correct information is available to facilitate the whole KYC renewal process and that the information is collected and stored once wherever possible
• Ensure the most effective process is being used e2e to support the requirements of the business and to meet the required controls, identify issues and gaps and put in place activity to resolve these
• Ensure the KYC renewals standards are met based on the client, product and location of the request. Identify gaps and work with key stakeholders to resolve issues
• Adhere strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with Client and regulatory standards, policies and practices; report control weaknesses, compliance breaches and operational loss events.
• Thorough understanding of all controls and identification of process / control improvements.
• No repeat failings on control related incidences.
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
• The Client Managers will need to be confident in the role and their ability to work with local teams to achieve the outcomes required while maintaining a view of what is required from a central KYC renewal persepctive
• The role plays a key part in joining together the priorities and requirements of the business with the availability of service providers (e.g.KYC, Credit, AM etc.). The role holder will have to build deep knowledge about the client and work closely with the business and functional delivery teams to ensure priorities are aligned with resource availability and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
• There is an expectation that the role will be deeply embedded within the GBM business / coverage teams, whilst still maintaining strong relationships with the functional delivery teams. However the relationship with the functional delivery teams will need to become more formalized through the definition and usage of clear service levels
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
• Working in a dynamic, pressurized, time-sensitive environment with interaction with internal stakeholders and demanding / advanced external clients.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
• Ensure employees apply compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with Client or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
• Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with Client or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the Client brand.
• Increased focus and oversight must be placed on any manual processes and exceptions to policy.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
• Maintains Client internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
• Experience in KYC and AML including knowledge and understanding of US AML/BSA laws and regulations as well as AML trends and issues.
• Excellent client service skills (must have minimum of 5 years of service in a client facing role)
• Pristine inter-personal skills and the ability to handle conflict and manage expectations. Demonstrate high energy; be PRO-ACTIVE, extremely positive and have a 'driver and achiever' mentality.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This role requires an individual to demonstrate an "Extrovert” personality type at times, who will need to be in constant communication with other Client units and external clients.
• Outstanding analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong ability to prioritize multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of data.
• A proven ability to create and maintain good relationships is essential.
• Solid and proven relevant work experience (supporting Relationship Managers, Sales or working in an operational middle office or client facing support function), within the banking / financial services industry.
• Ability to prioritize multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Word; quick learner of data websites and applications
• Preferred fluency in foreign language, particularly Dutch and Portuguese
• Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in a role within the professional services industry that leverages knowledge of the tax issues facing multinational US banks, mutual funds, private equity, hedge funds or REITS in the reporting space.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
Interested in applying? Contact Charly Vie at email@example.com now
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary