|Reference # :||17-06182||Title :||Business Analyst|
|Location :||New York, NY|
|Position Type :||Contract|
|Experience Level :||Start Date :||07/03/2017|
Help drive change! Eclaro is looking for a Business Analyst for Compliance Technology for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is a leading global bank stimulating change and innovation in the industry by offering top-notch financial products and services for a wide-range of clients worldwide. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The technology teams supporting Compliance develop and manage systems that are used by Compliance officers to control and monitor our adherence to regulatory policies, standards, and processes. The portfolio covers Trade Surveillance, Information Barriers, and Employee Surveillance functions.
Compliance protects our Client by:
• Advising on ethical conduct and identifying regulatory solutions;
• Safeguarding integrity and reputation; and
• Promoting, in partnership with the business, a culture of Compliance.
The Infrastructure GT team is focused on strengthening GT's partnership with its clients to establish and maintain optimised portfolios of work across all areas of the organisation, while ensuring GT continues to deliver strategic, high quality solutions, in a timely and effective manner.
A business analyst is required to support the Trade Surveillance GT teams. The teams are focused on defining and developing new systems:
• Ensure Trading Areas meet compliance responsibilities
• Monitor client transactions for fair market treatment and/or fraudulent behaviour
• Manage and monitor the effectiveness of the bank's information barriers
The role of Business Analyst is vital to determining what successful, high-quality delivery looks like and ensuring that the technology teams have delivered on this. It is a highly visible role, communicating with employees on various levels within our client group and the other areas of IT.
• Gathering, verification, analysis, and documentation of business requirements.
• Data and systems analysis to support documentation and understanding of the current-state.
• Gaining client and IT sign-off of requirements documents and specifications by conducting walkthroughs, presentations, and formal reviews.
• Perform reviews and provide feedback on documentation produced by other Business Analysts.
• Drive and deliver initiatives to improve the team's analysis processes, methods, and documentation.
• Work closely with the development teams to develop functional specifications and help develop technical designs.
• Ensure that development teams and management have a clear understanding of business priorities.
• Plan, script, manage, and execute acceptance testing - both UAT, with the client performing execution, and acceptance testing prior to UAT start.
• Plan and execute user training on new systems.
• Previous experience working as a Business Analyst in a technology team in a financial services organisation (preferably a tier 1 investment bank)
• A good knowledge of equity or debt products, preferably though the whole product lifecycle
• Knowledge of the key responsibilities of an investment bank's Compliance department (preferably Trade Surveillance, Information Barriers, and Employee Surveillance requirements). Experience of Compliance, public / private side interactions, and particularly information barriers surveillance using the Actimize platform will be an advantage
• An in-depth understanding of business analysis (including knowledge of at least one requirements management / modelling tool) and with the ability to select the right tools / methodologies for a given task
• Experience of writing test strategies, plans, scripts, and cases
• A good understanding of the technology product and project lifecycle
• The ability to work effectively with all levels of clients and IT stakeholders up to and including director
• Excellent communications skills – both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical audiences
• Systems and data analysis skills, including SQL and desktop data analysis tools. Any data modelling / warehousing experience would be an advantage
• Able to plan, own, and run a portfolio of analysis tasks
• Flexible, able to organize and prioritize your own
• Able to identify and interpret stakeholders needs and requirements
• Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent
• A strong critical thinker with creative problem solving skills
• Able to work with remote stakeholders and team members
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Job Status: Contract/Temporary